[AISWorld] Assistant/Associate Professor - Business Information Systems at TU Eindhoven

Comuzzi, M. M.Comuzzi at tue.nl
Mon May 28 14:25:47 EDT 2012

The Department of Industrial Engineering & Innovation Sciences of Eindhoven University of Technology is looking for a:

*** Assistant/Associate Professor (1,0 fte) Business Information Systems ***

Are you ready for your next step in your scientific career? The Information Systems group of the School of Industrial Engineering offers you, a talented scientist who wants to specialize in business process management (BPM) or business process intelligence (BPI), a possible tenure-track position.
Are an international work environment, contacts with external companies and industry and collaboration within excellent research projects with inspiring colleagues appealing to you? And do you get energy from transferring your knowledge to the next generation of engineers? Then we would like to meet you!

--- Job description
The Department of Industrial Engineering & Innovation Sciences (IE&IS) engages in education and research in the area of operational business processes and transitions in societies in relation to technical changes. Scholars and students work together on critical problems at the interface of engineering, management, innovation, and human behaviour.

Within the Industrial Engineering school of the department, the Information Systems group performs research and teaches in business information systems, focusing on automated support of operational business processes within and between organizations. The research aims at design methods, specification languages, design, analysis and decision support tools, and information system architectures. The research often uses advanced prototypes to bring results into practice. The research approach is model-centric and engineering-oriented, integrating basic and applied research with contemporary real-world cases. Main application domains are the services industry, health care, supply chains and logistics, and high-tech manufacturing. The research of the group is organized in an open, topic-oriented, dynamic cluster structure. The group operates in a strong international research and industry network. Our research is strongly connected to the Brainport area, the high-tech industrial area around the city of Eindhoven.

As our new colleague, you will initiate, perform and supervise high-quality research in the area of business information systems. As a successful candidate you will specialize either in the topic of business process management (BPM) or of business process intelligence (BPI). You will perform teaching activities and co-develop courses at the Bachelor and Master Level and initiate and contribute to externally funded research projects. You will assist in the supervision of PhD students and contribute to the management of the group and the department.

--- Requirements
You should have a Ph.D. degree in a relevant field such as computer science, information systems or business engineering with an IS specialization and have a track record of publications in international journals and conference proceedings of high quality. Your communication, organization and management skills are excellent. Your English is fluent. You also have strong cooperation skills. Preferably you have teaching experience at the Bachelor and Master level of Information Systems.
You are expected to know how to integrate insights from theory and industrial practice and you have an engineering approach to problem solving.

--- Conditions of employment
We offer you a full-time employment as an Assistant/Associate professor for a period of maximum 6 years with a tenure-track to Associate professor for excellent candidates that apply at the assistant professor level. Your salary is in the range of € 44.589,00 and € 61.043,00 per annum for an Assistant professor and € 61.797,00 and € 75.222,00 per annum for an Associate professor (based on a fulltime salary) and depending on your working experience and knowledge. This salary includes a yearly holiday allowance of 8% of the yearly salary and a yearly end year allowance of 8.3% of the yearly salary.

We offer a 38 hour working week and 41 paid holiday days and highly appreciate flexibility.
Working at Eindhoven University of Technology means working in a professional environment in which we stimulate development in general and scientific career paths specifically. We offer you a broad package of fringe benefits, including an excellent technical infrastructure, savings schemes and excellent sports facilities.

--- Application

For inquiries about the position with respect to the content of the position please contact prof.dr.ir. Paul Grefen (p.w.p.j.grefen at tue.nl or +31-40-2472290). Further information concerning employment conditions can be obtained from Monique van der Hagen, personnel officer IE&IS, (m.a.v.d.hagen at tue.nl).

If you are interested, we invite you to apply before *** June 24th 2012 ***.  Please upload your letter of interest, stating whether your application should be considered at the Assistant professor level or at the Associate professor level, an extensive curriculum vitae including publication list and a research and teaching statement (all in English) on our website. We kindly but strongly request you not to send us your documents by email but to use our online application tool. Apply online at http://jobs.tue.nl/wd/plsql/wd_portal_cand.form?p_web_site_id=3085&p_web_page_id=150465.