[AISWorld] Social Media and Data Analytics: CFP HICSS-46 (2013)

Jennifer Xu jiexu2 at gmail.com
Wed May 30 14:56:47 EDT 2012

HICSS-46 (2013) CALL FOR PAPERS

Minitrack: Social Media and Data Analytics

Track: DIGITAL MEDIA: CONTENT AND COMMUNICATION

Submission deadline: June 15, 2012

Conference Site: Grand Wailea Maui
Dates:  January 7 - 10, 2013

Additional details about the Minitrack may be found at:
http://www.hicss.hawaii.edu/hicss_46/socialmedia.pdf

Social media is changing how we work and play. It is also changing the way
we access and consume media, stay in touch with family and friends, as well
as how we communicate with government and businesses. This mini-track
focuses on research that brings together social media (or social networks)
and data analytics. For example, research and practice that advances the
state-of-the-art in the acquisition, management, and analysis of data
originating primarily from social phenomena.

We welcome both theoretical and practical papers whose approaches are
within the scope of data analytics and closely related areas (e.g., data
warehousing, data mining and business intelligence).

Topics of interest include (but are not limited to):
• Discovery, Collection, and Extraction of Social Media Data
• Cleaning, Curation and Provenance of Data in Social Networks
• Crowd or Cloud Computation on Social Media Data
• Data Modeling for Social Media
• Analysis of Dynamic Social Networks
• Social Search, Retrieval, and Ranking
• Performance and Scalability of Social Media Data Management
• Semantic Web and Linked Data: Meaning in Networked Connections
• Exploration and Analysis of Massive Social Networks
• Techniques for Meme Tracking

At last year’s HICSS conference, large complex data and web-scale
information problems emerged as common themes across many of the
mini-tracks. In recognition of this, for HICSS 2013, we encourage authors
to address these themes from their own research perspectives. Authors
are encouraged to bring the lens of their own background and expertise to
focus on big data issues ranging from the analytics of the data itself,
whether from social media or other data sets, to the design and evaluation
of effective presentations for stakeholders. The process is simple;
authors send their papers to the most relevant mini-track and after the
refereeing, the mini-track chairs will consult to schedule presentations
and draw connections.

Minitrack Leaders:
David Yates (primary contact)
Associate Professor