[AISWorld] cfp: HICSS46 minitrack on Mobile Value Services

Prof. Dr. Felix Hampe hampe at uni-koblenz.de
Tue Jun 5 04:06:08 EDT 2012

<<< Apologies for multiple postings >>>

CFP: Design, Realization, Implementation, Use and Effect of  Mobile Value Services at HICSS46

Within the 46th Hawaiian International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS), we organise a minitrack on Design, Realization Implementation, Use and Effect of Mobile Value Services. The 46th HICSS, one of the most prominent Conferences on Information Sciences worldwide, will be held January 7-10, 2013, in Maui, Hawaii (http://www.hicss.hawaii.edu).

BACKGROUND

We are witnessing enormous growth and development in mobile technologies as well as applications and services. At the same time our understanding on business models and value creation is not as advanced as necessary to contribute sound modelling of phenomena, deriving theoretical explanations or provide guidance for these developments. To overcome this lack of understanding we invite contributions of all types of research opening up new perspectives and offering insight for a better understanding.

This mini-track covers different aspects of design, realization and implementation, use and effect of mobile value services. We focus on business aspects, such as business models, business impacts of mobile information systems, use of mobile apps and platforms in a business environment as well as their effects on the one hand as well as more technology and design oriented aspects on the other hand. Mobile application development either native or following a cross-platform approach is an important topic.

As HICSS is addressing leading edge developments, we especially encourage submissions on issues as: adaptability and adaptivity of mobile services and platforms, on mobile cloud services, and on the role and relevance of reliability, privacy and security. For the business oriented part of the mini-track submissions on business models, platforms in relation with (open and closed) micro eco-systems within a business environment, for special application areas such as mobile life, mobile participation or mobile services are invited. We favor papers that pay attention to life styles and segmentation, and to specific market segments like the aging population, the poor and the underserved. We are less interested in adoption and acceptance papers, but would welcome studies on use and effect of mobile applications and platforms in business environments.

We seek mobile business research papers, case studies, and practitioner reports related to business aspects of stakeholders like device manufacturers, service providers, system and application developers and operators, as well as ordinary businesses. Of special interest are conceptual and empirical papers analyzing business and business model aspects, including mobile services and application development and design that go beyond existing technologies and for instance look into cloud or sensor technologies. The mini-track provides a venue to present and debate theory-based solutions for problems that industry is currently facing in the mobile service landscape. Such applications will contribute to the advancement of user-inspired and consumer centric information systems design within this paradigm. We welcome studies with either qualitative or quantitative research methods as well as design research.

POSSIBLE TOPICS

Relevant topics for this minitrack include (but are not limited to):
*      Business models related to
o   Converged mobile communication services
o   Mobile Productivity and Enterprise Applications
o   Mobile Media: Challenges and Opportunities
o   Mobile financial services

*      Mobile Value Services
o   development and design
o   social issues
o   service innovation, engineering and design
o   segmentation and life style

*      Business value of mobile services
*      Adaptability of mobile services, applications, and platforms
*      Mobile cloud services
*      Personal Area Networks, sensor networks and their application (for elderly and underserved).
*      Development of Ubiquitous and Pervasive Consumer Information Systems
*      User Communities and Service Development
*      Privacy and trust issues for mobile value services

MINITRACK CHAIRS

Harry Bouwman, Delft University of Technology, the Netherlands, w.a.g.a.bouwman at tudelft.nl <mailto:w.a.g.a.bouwman at tudelft.nl>
Felix Hampe (primary contact), University of Koblenz-Landau, Germany, hampe at uni-koblenz.de <mailto:hampe at uni-koblenz.de>
Pirkko Walden, Åbo Akademi University, Finland, Pirkko.Walden at abo.fi <mailto:Pirkko.Walden at abo.fi>

IMPORTANT DATES

June 15               Submission full manuscripts
Aug 15               Acceptance Notifications
Sept 15               Submission camera-ready paper
Oct 1                  Early Registration fee deadline

More info: http://www.hicss.hawaii.edu

--
J. Felix Hampe, Professor

Chair of Corporate Communication Systems,
Director of the Institute for IS Research; Faculty of Informatics
See details: http://db.tt/kkXN07b

Visiting Professor, Technical University Delft,
Faculty of Technology, Policy and Management,