[AISWorld] Deadline extension and recent developments about IEEE CollaborateCom 2012

Jinpeng Wei weijp at cs.fiu.edu
Sun Jul 15 19:10:54 EDT 2012

Dear Colleagues,

We wanted to share some exiting recent developments about IEEE
CollaborateCom 2012 which will be held from October 14 to October 17 in
Pittsburgh.

First, we have recently received confirmation that IEEE will be a
financial co-sponsor of IEEE CollaborateCom 2012. Second, we are happy to
announce that extended versions of selected papers from IEEE
CollaborateCom 2012 will be published in special issues of
ACM/Springer-MONET journal and the International journal of cooperative
information systems, and Elsevier Computer & Security journal. In
addition, select papers from IEEE CollaborateCom 2012 workshops
–CollabCloud 2012, TrustCol 2012 and CCSocialCom 2012 will be published in
special issues of International Journal of Cloud Computing, Elsevier
Computer and Security Journal and the International Journal of Social
Computing and Cyber-Physical Systems respectively. Third, a new workshop
on Collaborative Big Data (C-Big 2012) will be held in conjunction with
IEEE CollaborateCom 2012. Select papers from this workshop will be
published in Elsevier’s Information Systems Journal.

Please also note that the Best Papers from CollaborateCom2012 and the four
workshops will be awarded $500 each. Further, up to 10 Student travel
grants will be awarded to select students.

In view of these recent developments and in response to requests from past
authors, the deadline of IEEE CollaborateCom 2012 has been extended to
August 10, 2012. Please note that papers have to be registered by
submitting an abstract by August 3, 2012. The notification of acceptance
will now be on September 7, 2012. Complete details are available on the
conference website -- http://collaboratecom.org/

Thank you and we look forward to a great conference in Pittsburgh.

Barbara Carminati
Lakshmish Ramaswamy
Program Co-chairs of IEEE CollaborateCom 2012.