[AISWorld] Department Head at UNCG

Prashant Palvia pcpalvia at uncg.edu
Tue Aug 7 10:39:20 EDT 2012

Please send an email to Prashant Palvia (pcpalvia at uncg.edu) to make an
appointment for the AMCIS conference.

--------

JOSEPH M. BRYAN SCHOOL OF BUSINESS AND ECONOMICS
THE UNIVERSITY OF NORTH CAROLINA AT GREENSBORO

Department Head and Professor
Information Systems and Supply Chain Management

The Bryan School of Business & Economics at the University of North
Carolina at Greensboro (UNCG) invites applications, expressions of
interest, and nominations for the position of department head of the
Department of Information Systems and Supply Chain Management.
Additionally, the department head will hold a full-time, tenured faculty
appointment at the rank of professor.  The position may commence as early
as January 1, 2013, but more likely on July 1, 2013.

Applicants must hold a PhD/DBA degree with a specialization in some area of
Information Systems or Operations Management, although those with related
degrees (e.g., some areas of Decision Sciences) may be considered based on
the candidate’s research and teaching experience. Within their particular
discipline we are open on the candidate’s teaching and research interests.
A demonstrated interest in hands-on student projects is a plus, as is the
ability to tie one’s teaching and research to key elements of our mission:
innovation, globalization, sustainability, and ethics.  Related business
experience is preferred, as is administrative experience and evidence of
contracts and grants.  Full-time teaching experience and evidence of
successful refereed journal scholarship appropriate to appointment as a
professor in one’s discipline are required.

In addition to leading the Department, the selected faculty member will
teach two courses during the academic year and engage in appropriate
service.  Additionally, research, especially that leading to publication in
high quality refereed journals, is expected and supported.  The salary will
be competitive and commensurate with the candidate’s experience.

Department of Information Systems & Supply Chain Management:  Previously
called Information Systems and Operations Management, this is a
well-established department that offers undergraduate majors, master’s
degrees and graduate certificates, as well as a PhD in Information
Systems.  Consisting of 14 faculty members and a total of 218 undergraduate
students and 134 graduate students, the Department has an exceptional
reputation in the IS area and seeks to build a similarly strong reputation
in SCM.  Our faculty members are active in research and have published in
such journals as Management Science, Information Systems Research, MIS
Quarterly, Communications of the ACM, Journal of Supply Chain Management,
Decision Sciences, Journal of Operations Management, Journal of AIS,
Decision Support Systems, and others.

The Bryan School of Business & Economics has over 3,000 undergraduate and
graduate students and more than 100 full- and part-time faculty members
housed in six departments and programs.  Accredited in both business and
accounting by AACSB, the Bryan School is the recipient of many honors and
accolades.  Our evening MBA was ranked 12th nationally in academic quality
by Bloomberg BusinessWeek (2011), and 22nd across all dimensions among
public universities.  Our students perform well in national competitions
and have won numerous awards and our faculty members are active in
scholarly research.

UNCG, one of the sixteen campuses in the University of North Carolina
system, is engaged in a major campus expansion.  Classified as a high
research activity university, UNCG is also committed to high quality
teaching to its more that 18,000 students in six colleges and schools.
Another point of pride is that UNCG has the most ethnically and racially
diverse student population in the UNC system.

Greensboro is the third largest city in NC with about 270,000 people in a
MSA of about 1.6 million.  Located in the Piedmont Triad region of central
North Carolina, with our own cultural and outdoor amenities, we are only a
few hours from both the beach and mountains.  With seven higher education
institutions in the immediate area, a large industrial base, and proximity
to the Research Triangle, we are an attractive location for dual career
families. Information related to the Bryan School of Business and Economics
and Greensboro can be found at http://bryanschool.uncg.edu/positions/.

Deadline: September 15, 2012 or until filled

Screening of Applications will begin immediately and will continue until
the position is filled.  To apply, please submit a letter of interest,
C.V., and the names, addresses, telephone numbers, and email addresses of
three references to Dr. Prashant Palvia, Chair, ISOM Search Committee.
Applications should be submitted electronically to isomsearch at uncg.edu.
Departmental representatives will be available at the AMCIS 2012 conference
in Seattle.  After submitting your application, please contact Dr. Palvia
to make appointments at the conference (pcpalvia at uncg.edu).

The University of North Carolina at Greensboro is committed to equality of
employment opportunity and does not discriminate against applicants or
employees based on race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age,
disability, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, or
creed. Moreover, The University of North Carolina at Greensboro is
committed to recruitment and advancing women and minorities at all
faculty/staff levels.

EEO/AA.