[AISWorld] The Systems Approach and IT journal: Call for Papers (Feb.28.2013 next deadline)

mmora at securenym.net mmora at securenym.net
Thu Aug 23 11:02:26 EDT 2012

Joseph Davis,
Contributions to Systems Science from Professors Ackoff and
Professor Swanson are well known by Systems Approach researchers.
In IJITSA we respect their support for starting this journal.
You should read the IJITSA's interview with Professor Ackoff in
IJITSA 1(1) issue. Link at:

http://www.igi-global.com/Files/Ancillary/IJITSA%20preface%201(1).pdf

There is also an interview with Professor Klir. Another shaper
of Systems Science. On Professor Ackoff, we also thank their
testimonial reported as:

http://www.igi-global.com/journal/international-journal-information-technologies-systems/1098#reviews-and-testimonials

This journal will fill a widely felt need to develop theory and practice
in a critical aspect of organizational management.
– Russell L. Ackoff, University of Pennsylvania, USA

In summary, in Information Systems many scholars (at present) are not
using correctly Theory of Systems, and IJITSA's aim is helping to
solve, resolve or dissolve (Ackoff's core terms) such mistakes.
In the past, exemplary research on Systems Approach applied to IS are:
Ives, Hamilton, and Ives’ study (1980), Nolan and Wetherbe (1980), and
Silver & Markus, 1995. Professor Gordon Davis, also has used SA as it
is required.

Well, I believe that IS scholars are (we) something paranoiac compared
with other colleagues (social science scientists, management science
scientists, etc). My best example is this email, because the claim should
be also by Professor Swanson, an
eminent scholar in Systems Approach also, and that in IJITSA 1(1) also
accepted the editorial invitation to write a special paper titled:

Information Systems Design and the Deeply Embedded Exchange and
Money-Information Systems of Modern Societies (pages 20-37) G.A. Swanson
(Tennessee Technological University, USA)

Ok, thanks.
Manuel Mora
Co-founder and co-EiC of IJITSA