[AISWorld] Last days to submit - CONFIA 2012 - International Conference on Illustration and Animation - Ofir, Portugal

Maria Manuela Cruz Cunha mcunha at ipca.pt
Sat Aug 25 12:16:48 EDT 2012

CONFIA 2012
International Conference on Illustration and Animation
Ofir, Portugal
30 November - 01 December, 2012
-------  www.confia.ipca.pt
-------  www.facebook.com/CONFIA.IPCA
-------
paper submission deadline: August 31, 2012
-------

     Dear Sirs,

     It is our pleasure to invite you to CONFIA 2012, the International
Conference on Illustration and Animation: aligning drawing, illustration
and animation, as well as art theory as it applies to illustration and
animation.

     Organized by the Department of Design of the Polytechnic Institute
of Cávado and Ave under the auspices of the Masters in Illustration and
Animation, CONFIA intends to be a pivotal moment in the contemporary
discussion of these areas, which have a long tradition and, at the same
time, are pioneers in technological innovation. We intend to broadly
explore the multidisciplinary space that includes illustration and the
animated image, from the construction of the narrative to character
development, from art theory to critical reflection on the objects that
populate the market and the industry. The conference seeks quality
original submissions from the academic community, artists, industry, and
the market as well.

     All accepted full papers will be published in the conference
proceedings (with ISBN).

Submission Procedure:
     Researchers and those working in the field are invited to submit
their manuscripts electronically as an email attachment in word or PDF
format to  secretariat_confia at ipca.pt  by no later than August 31, 2012.
     Submitted papers will be reviewed on a double-blind review basis.
     Only original contributions will be accepted.

Important dates
     Deadline for paper submission: August 31, 2012
     Notification of acceptance/rejection: October 10 2012
     Revised (final) version: October 25, 2012

     For more detailed information, please visit http://confia.ipca.pt

     We look forward to meeting you in Portugal.

     Best regards,

Conference Chair:
     Paula Tavares (ptavares at ipca.pt)
     Polytechnic Institute of Cávado and Ave, Portugal

Program Chair:
     Paul Wells
     Loughborough University, Leicestershire, UK

Organization Chair:
     Pedro Mota Teixeira (pmteixeira at ipca.pt)
     Polytechnic Institute of Cávado and Ave, Portugal

Secretariat:
      secretariat_confia at ipca.pt

.