[AISWorld] Summary: Papers on business process adoption

Paulo Rupino Cunha rupino at dei.uc.pt
Mon Sep 10 06:09:51 EDT 2012

Dear colleagues,

On July 31st I posted a message to ISWorld saying:

> "I'm looking for papers with actionable advice on assessment of business processes adoption in organizations and improvement of that adoption (overcoming resistance to change, process tuning to enhance adoption, etc)"

Here is the summary of suggestions that I got. Thanks to all that contributed.

Ngwenyama, O. and J. Nørbjerg (2010). "Software process improvement with weak management support: an analysis of the dynamics of intra-organizational alliances in IS change initiatives." European Journal of Information Systems 19(3): 303-319.

Nielsen, P. A. and J. Nørbjerg (2001). "Assessing Software Processes: Low Maturity or Sensible Practice." Scandinavian Journal of Information Systems 13(1-2): 23-36.

Škrinjar, R., & Trkman, P. (2012). Increasing Process Orientation with Business Process Management: Critical Practices. International Journal of Information Management, In press.

Trkman, P. (2010). The Critical Success Factors of Business Process Management. International Journal of Information Management, 30(2), 125-134.

Stoll, M. (2008), Organizational Learning and Knowledge Management., in Magued Iskander; Vikram Kapila & Mohammad A. Karim, ed., 'EIAT/IETA' , Springer, , pp. 45-50 .

There was another, yet unpublished, paper that I'm not listing here.

----
Paulo Rupino Cunha
Assistant Professor, Head of Information Systems Group, University of Coimbra, Portugal.
Adjunct Associate Teaching Professor, School of Computer Science at Carnegie Mellon, USA.
http://eden.dei.uc.pt/~rupino