[AISWorld] CFP: 7th Global Sourcing Workshop, 11-14 March 2013, Val d'Isere, France - reminder to submit extended abstract

Kotlarsky, Julia Julia.Kotlarsky at wbs.ac.uk
Tue Sep 11 05:56:33 EDT 2012

7th Global Sourcing Workshop, 11 - 14 March 2013, Val d’Isere, France

Reminder: deadline to submit extened abstract October 1 2012

Following the success of the past Global Sourcing Workshops, we are pleased to release this Call

for Papers for the Seventh Global Sourcing Workshop which will be held March 11-14, 2013 in

Val d’Isere, France.

The workshop will focus on Global Sourcing with a specific interest in practices that improve

firm’s performance and those that affect communities and societies. This workshop aims to bring

together viewpoints from various disciplines, including IB, Strategy, OM, OB and IS on global

sourcing of IT, Business and Knowledge Processes and Innovation. We also focus on teaching

aspects related to outsourcing and offshoring with fast track for publishing high quality teaching

cases in Journal of Information Technology Teaching Cases.

Paper Track

We invite research articles, works in progress and ‘focus on practice’ papers that investigate

topics relating to global outsourcing and offshoring. In particular, the workshop will endeavour to

present the views from client, vendor and intermediary firm perspectives. Some of the specific

themes that are of interest in this workshop are:

• Sourcing models (e.g. offshoring, offshore-outsourcing, near-shoring, cloud services,

crowdsourcing, micro-sourcing and SaaS)

• Sourcing decision making

• Sourcing configurations (multi-sourcing, bundle services, etc.)

• Supplier and client capabilities

• Captive and shared service centres

• Backsourcing

• Knowledge processes and innovation in outsourcing/offshoring

• Cultural and social aspects of sourcing practice

• Emerging topics and concepts in sourcing

We are interested in papers that are both conceptual and empirically-based.

Teaching Cases Track

We are interested in teaching cases on outsourcing and offshoring which we would consider for

publication in Journal of IT Teaching Cases (JITTC) http://www.palgrave-journals.com/jittc/ .

Please note that a small conference venue has been reserved with guaranteed attendance restricted

to those having papers accepted for presentation. Participants need to book early to secure

reserved accommodation at the conference location or other rooms nearby. See full details on our

website: www.globalsourcing.org.uk.

In the last three years we have published selected papers as book chapters in a book by Springer.

It is likely that we will publish another book based on the papers from this Workshop.

Furthermore, selected papers will be invited to submit a revised version for a publication in either

Journal of Information Technology or Strategic Outsourcing journal, and high quality teaching

cases to JITTC.

Important Dates:

October 1st 2012 – Deadline to submit extended abstracts/teaching proposals to the Workshop on

Global Sourcing

October 15th 2012 - Notification of accepted extended abstracts/teaching proposals

Registration deadline: November 15th 2012 (Registration fees will be 300 EURO per person

which include a reception and 2 dinners)

January 18th 2013 – Deadline to submit full papers/teaching case and notes to the Workshop on

Global Sourcing

March 1st 2013 – Reviews sent to authors

March 11-14, 2013 – Workshop on Global Sourcing, Val d’Isere, France

Paper Track: Extended abstracts should be between 600-800 words.

Teaching Track: Proposals for teaching cases should be between 600-800 words and include the

teaching case outline and learning objectives. For teaching cases, the submission of full teaching

case and teaching notes will be required.

All submissions should be sent in MS Word format to: globalsourcing.org.uk at gmail.com with

'Abstract submission GSW 2013' as the subject of the e-mail.

For preparation of full papers please follow Guidelines for Authors posted on the workshop site:

http://www.globalsourcing.org.uk/

Important Links

Val d’Isere ski resort: http://www.valdisere.com/gb_ete/index.php

Our Representative at the Conference Centre for enquiries about accommodations is Ms. Aurore

Revial, her email: a.revial at valdisere-congres.com

Workshop Organizers:

Leslie P. Willcocks (http://personal.lse.ac.uk/willcock/)

Julia Kotlarsky (http://www.juliakotlarsky.com)