[AISWorld] Faculty Openings at the Daniels College of Business, University of Denver

Don McCubbrey dmccubbr at du.edu
Sun Sep 16 14:12:06 EDT 2012

The Daniels College of Business at the University of Denver invites applications for the following two appointed positions in the Department of Business Information and Analytics with an expected start date of fall 2013. The Daniels College of Business is the one of the largest colleges within the University and we continue to grow as we transform lives, organizations and communities. We are committed to the principles of multiculturalism/diversity/inclusive excellence through involvement and participation in university/division-wide projects and initiatives. We offer a variety of majors and minors, bachelor’s degrees, five MBA degree programs and seven master’s degrees. Daniels is proud to be among the top business schools nationally and internationally to receive recognition for its graduate and undergraduate programs from U.S. News & World Report, the Aspen Institute’s Beyond Grey Pinstripes, Bloomberg BusinessWeek and Financial Times. With over 300 days of sunshine a year, the nation’s largest city park system, and a thriving business community, a Pew Research Study lists Denver as the #1 US city in which people want to live.

Associate/Full Professor and Chair of the Department The Chair will provide expertise,leadership, external contacts, fundraising abilities, and a strategic focus to a department that educates students for analytics roles within the region and throughout the world.  Applicants must have a Ph.D. in information technology, management science, statistics, operations management, or an equivalent field from an AACSB or EQUIS accredited school, and a current and well-established record in research, teaching, and service as appropriate to the level of Associate or Full Professor.

Assistant Professor
The Assistant Professor will teach and conduct research in one or more areas related to business intelligence and information analytics. Applicants must have a Ph.D. in statistics, operations research, information technology, or related discipline, accompanied by demonstrated potential for high-quality teaching and publication. ABD will be considered.

We will be conducting interviews at the upcoming ICIS Conference.  Interested parties are encouraged to submit applications online at www.dujobs.org.   Feel free to contact interim department Chair, Dan Connolly, at Connolly at du.edu<mailto:Connolly at du.edu> for more information.

The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff andencourages applications from women, minorities, members of the GLBT community, people with disabilities and veterans. DU is an EEO/AA employer.