[AISWorld] SIGGT @ ICIS2012: 2nd call for participation

Fernandez, Walter walter.fernandez at anu.edu.au
Thu Oct 11 19:45:29 EDT 2012

Dear Friends and Colleagues,

Sorry for cross-posting.

You are invited to participate in the 6th Grounded Theory Workshop to be held immediately after ICIS 2012 in Orlando, Florida. We have a great program including the Editor-in-Chief of EJIS, 4 Senior Editors from MISQ and ISR, and numerous Associated Editors from top journals.  The theme of the workshop is “How to Publish GTM research in top IS journals”. We hope to see you there.

Place and Time: Orlando, Florida, Wednesday Dec 19th 2012 12:30hs to 18:00hs.

This annual event has been designed to provide a collegial environment to suitable to all researchers, from beginners to experts. The workshop fosters the discussion of GTM-related practical issues in a friendly, constructive and learned atmosphere. This year the main theme of the workshop is how to publish GTM papers in top IS journals, with a particular attention paid to the question of how to incorporate existing/prior theory into GTM papers.  We are not inviting individual paper/abstract submissions, but rather hope to generate productive dialogue through some short presentations and panel discussions.

Schedule

Time      Activity

12:30      Arrival

12:50      Welcome and Introductions

13:00      Brief Refresher:  Key GTM Tenets by Natalia Levina

13:15    Keynote: Towards an anatomy of ‘successful’ qualitative research manuscripts in IS  By Supra Sarker

14:15    Integrating and Contributing to Existing Theory With GTM: Theories of Power

 (paper published in EJIS) By Cathy Urquhardt and Riitta Hekkala

14:40      Break

15:00    Dealing with Difficult Reviews By Andrea Carrugati

15:25    How Grounded was my Grounded Theory: Reflections on the review process By Suranjan Chakraborty

15:50    Including Prior Theoretical Perspectives in a GTM Paper:   A Case Study of the Effective Use of Electronic Health Records By Andrew Burton-Jones (with Olga Volkoff)

16:15    Panel:  To GTM or not to GTM that is the Question –Editors of Top Journals By Frantz Rowe (EJIS), Ola Henfridsson (MISQ), Joe Nandhakumar (EJIS, IT & People)

17:30    SIGGTM Annual Meeting: New Governance and By Laws . Chair: Natalia Levina; Secretary: Supra Sarker

18:00      Closure

19:00      Drinks and Dinner – to be organized during the workshop (not included in the fee)

FEE STRUCTURE:
AIS Academic Member Rate $55 (early) $65 (regular) $70 (on site)
AIS Professional Member Rate $80 (early) $120 (regular) $140 (on site)
AIS Student Member Rate $35 (early) $45 (regular) $50 (on site)

Non-AIS Member Rate $100 (early) $150 (regular) $180 (on site)

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sig.gtm?fref=ts

Webpage: http://start.aisnet.org/members/group.aspx?id=89765

Dr Walter Fernández, PhD
SIGGTM Chair
Co-Director National Centre for Information Systems Research
Research School of Accounting and Business Information Systems
ANU College of Business and Economics
Level 2, PAP Moran Building, Room 2049
The Australian National University

T: +61 2 6125 4861 F: +61 2 6125 5005