[AISWorld] Invitation - International Erasmus Week - Polytechnic Institute of Cávado - Portugal - Feb 2013

Maria Manuela Cruz Cunha mcunha at ipca.pt
Tue Oct 30 14:42:50 EDT 2012

Dear Colleague/Professor,

It is our pleasure to invite you to the First International Week
organized by the Polytechnic Institute of Cávado and Ave, which will
take place between 18 and 20 of February 2013, under the Erasmus
conditions for teacher mobility.

We expect lecturers to teach our students around six to seven academic
hours in subjects of their choice and expertise in the frame of our
courses. Suggested topics include, but are not limited to the following:

- Business management
- Public management
- Graphical computation
- Graphical design
- Human computer interaction
- Web development
- Character animation
- Computer games
- Electrical engineering
- Entrepreneurship
- Knowledge management
- Software engineering
- E-Health and telemedicine
- Exact sciences and applications (Mathematics, Physics, Statistics)
- Please feel free to propose your domain if not included above.

The students are both Portuguese and international on undergraduate and
postgraduate level and the language of the International Week is English.

Bellow please find a preliminary program of this event.

If you are interested in taking part please contact our International
Relations Office, gri at ipca.pt until November 30, 2012.

If you have any further questions please contact us at gri at ipca.pt.

This is an excellent opportunity to strength the relations among us all,
to identify new projects and new research opportunities, besides the
chance to better know each other during the social events and to visit
the beautiful landscapes of the North of Portugal. And of course your
participation will definitely contribute towards the success of this event.

Please be so kind and pass on this invitation to your departments and to
other academic teaching staff that might be interested in participating.

The participants should cover their travel and accommodation costs
through Erasmus mobility program (Teaching Staff Mobility). IPCA will
offer the social program, lunches, a social dinner and facilitate hotels
with reduced fees for the participants (around 30 euros per room).

We are looking forward to hearing from you and to welcome you in Barcelos.

Warm regards,

Maria Manuela Cruz-Cunha
vice-president for the international affairs
Polytechnic Institute of Cávado and Ave
Portugal
mcunha at ipca.pt

***
***
*** Draft Programme
*** International week
*** February 18-20, 2013
***

***
Monday, 18th February 2013

- Opening session

- Parallel sessions during the day with presentations given by the
participating professors on their topics of expertise to the students
(around 20 to 30 minutes per presentation).

- Lunch

- Lectures with students.
Each professor is asked to give a class of around three hours on a topic
of its specialty, and towards the end of the class he is expected to
introduce a problem, a case study, research questions or theoretical
questions or any kind of assignment suitable to the topic of the
lecture, so that the students can prepare this assignment for discussion
during the class/workshop of February 20. Students can solve these tasks
individually or in groups as homework.

***
Tuesday, 19th February 2012

- Social day – visit to Braga and Porto (“Porto wine cellars”)
The visit takes all day

***
Wednesday, 20th February 2013

- Lectures / workshops with students (around 3 hours).
During this workshop, the professor should stimulate the solution,
discussion, presentation of the assignment given to the student on the
previous class

- Lunch

- Meeting with partners

- Closing session

- Diner

***

--
Maria Manuela Cruz Cunha
Polytechnic Institute of Cávado and Ave, Portugal

International Journal of Web Portals
(editor-in-chief)