[AISWorld] text book Strategic Management of IS

Remko Helms r.w.helms at uu.nl
Mon Nov 12 14:43:28 EST 2012

Dear colleagues,

I teach a course on Strategic Management of Organizations and IS (third
year under graduate course in IS curriculum). For many years we have
used the book of Ward & Peppard: Strategic Planning for IS. But the book
gets more and more outdated and I have not heard about a new release any
time soon. Therefore I am looking for an alternative book but most other
books that I have seen do not really address the Strategic Planning
aspect and are more an overview of the different strategic information
systems around.

If you teach a similar course, I am happy to hear what book you use and
I will make a summary of the responses and post it to this list.

Best regards, Remko Helms,

Utrecht University
Department of Information and Computing Science
Study advisor Master of Business Informatics

Department editor for @AISconnect, make sure you start following

Organizing chair ECIS 2013
21st European Conference on Information Systems - June 5-8, 2013 –
Utrecht, The Netherlands

www.ECIS2013.nl - Deadline paper submission: December 7, 2012

skype: therewego - mail: r.w.helms at uu.nl - twit: @remhelms - blog:
http://remhelms.wordpress.com/