[AISWorld] Summary of replies - CISP exam

Weible, Rick weible at marshall.edu
Thu Nov 15 08:05:31 EST 2012

On Tuesday I send the following message:
Hi All,
Does anyone know of an examination for IS similar to a CPA exam?
I envision a certified information systems professional exam (CISP).
It would be wonderful to know that graduates are prepared to enter the workforce by some quantifiable measure.
Thanks in advance.

___________________________________
Below are the replies and Thanks to all that replied.

These look great, but they are very costly, much more than my assessment budget contains ($00, lol)
So I propose the creation of an open, free exam.  It obviously would not have the prestige or value of the isaca or iccp certifications.
I will offer this to all who may be interested in having their students take the exam.  Please let me know of your interest.
If you are interested in assisting in the development of such an exam.  Please let me know.
Thanks!!!
____________________________________

I would check out the ICCP (iccp.org)

bill
It's called CISA. Certified Information Systems Auditor at www.isaca.org<http://www.isaca.org>. Or there is a CISSP too.
Jane
Rick, you should look at the certifications associated with the ICCP (iccp.org). They have been doing IS certifications since 1973.
Hope this helps.
David

There are a number of certification tests available from the Institute for the Certification of Computing Professionals (ICCP): www.iccp.org<http://www.iccp.org>.
TC
This is what I have as comments from my external reviewer:

The ICCP and twenty universities and colleges and research professors have developed the IS-Core examination [ISA] based on analysis of job advertisements (most common skills that employers seek). It can also be used as a quality check and thus outcome assessment examination for 2 and 4 year college programs. This is especially useful for those colleges which follow the Model Curriculum as published by ACM, AIS and AITP.

Exam Outline

1.0 Information Technology Skills

    1.1 Software Development

    1.2 Web Development

    1.3 Database

    1.4 Systems Integration

2.0 Organizational and Professional Skills

    2.1 Interpersonal Skills

    2.2 Business Fundamentals

3.0 Strategic Organizational Systems Development

    3.1 Organizational Systems Development

    3.2 Project Management"

This is the website:

http://iccp.org/

If you collect more information please let me know.

Thank you and have a good day,

Indira

:-)
Bye for now!
Dr. Rick Weible
Marshall University
Division of Management, Marketing and MIS
College of business
419 Corbly Hall  - One John Marshall Drive
Huntington, WV 25755
email: weible at marshall.edu<mailto:weible at marshall.edu>
phone: 304-696-2673  fax: 304-696-6013
http://www.rickweible.org<http://www.rickweible.org/>
"Character is doing the right thing when nobody is looking."