[AISWorld] How to find out whether agile principles are followed up or not

Ilia Bider ilia at ibissoft.se
Sun Dec 2 03:24:59 EST 2012

Dear colleagues,

A group of students of mine are starting a project with the goal of
investigating "Knowledge transformation/management in the agile software
development". The project includes field/case studies of the agile
development teams.

The first problem to solve in the project is how to choose the right
teams, i.e. how to differentiate the teams that are really agile from
those who just state/believe that they are agile. As agile became a
buzz/fashion word, we think that there should be plenty of teams of the
second class :-).

We do not suppose that there are ready made methods to make such a
differentiation, and will be working on a questionnaire based on the
agile manifesto http://agilemanifesto.org/. However, if somebody knows
any work, even if it is just MS/BS thesis, devoted to this particular
task, I and my students would appreciate getting references to such
works very much.

The study itself concern knowledge management in the agile development
process. If you can point out any literature related to this topic, we
would appreciate it as well. For now the project is planned according to
the ideas presented at GTSE workshop http://bit.ly/V9750J see slides:
http://bit.ly/QXjynC and two pages position paper http://bit.ly/PGSfNG.

As usual the summary of responses will be send to the list.

Many thanks and best regards

-- Ilia
Dr. Ilia Bider
Process- och systemutvecklingskonsult at ibissoft.se