[AISWorld] Call For Papers - 5th International Workshop on Software Engineering in Healthcare

Kuziemsky, Craig Kuziemsky at telfer.uottawa.ca
Sat Dec 15 11:32:57 EST 2012

Call For Papers - SEHC'13
5th International Workshop on

Software Engineering in Health Care

http://sehc.info/sehc2013.htm

In Conjunction with ICSE 2013, May 18-26, 2013, San Francisco, California http://2013.icse-conferences.org/

Workshop dates: Monday, May 20th and Tuesday, May 21st, 2013

Workshop overview
Our ability to deliver timely, effective and cost efficient healthcare services remains one of the world's foremost challenges. The challenge has numerous dimensions including: (a) the need to develop a highly functional yet secure electronic health record system that integrates a multitude of incompatible existing systems, (b) in-home patient support systems to reduce demand on professional health-care facilities, and (c) innovative technical devices such as advanced pacemakers that support other healthcare procedures. Responding to this challenge will necessitate increased development and usage of software-intensive systems in all aspects of healthcare services. However the increased digitization of healthcare will require articulation of extensive requirements related to the development, use, evolution, and integration of health software in areas such as volume and dependability, interoperability, usability, and the safety and security of associated devices. The goal of the fifth workshop on Software Engineering for Health Care (SEHC) is to discuss recent research innovations and to continue developing an interdisciplinary community to develop a research, educational and industrial agenda for supporting software engineering in the health care sector.

Example Topics for Submission

At the 2011 SEHC we began development of a framework for SEHC. A Wiki with our progress to date is at https://xserve.cs.uvic.ca/wiki/projects/sehcwiki/SEHC_Community_Wiki.html.  At the 2012 workshop we continued to develop the agenda and identified specific challenges to software engineering to support healthcare delivery. The challenges are: system quality, compliance and regulatory issues, revolution of the software development process, medical process support and improvement, data management and analytics, enabling a global reach of healthcare delivery, and software support for the transformation of healthcare delivery (i.e. evidence based medicine, patient centered care, assisted living, patient safety). For the 2013 SEHC workshop we invite submissions that explore the above challenges (as well as other software engineering topics relevant to health care systems and processes) and the role that software engineering plays in developing solutions to address the challenges.

Submission Details

With the above topics as a starting point, the SEHC 2013 workshop invites broad participation from people who are actively involved in research and development of software engineering in healthcare. To accommodate for the participation of projects in different stages of maturity, we seek a variety of contributions, including short papers, tool descriptions, clinical case studies and research results papers.

Full submission details are available on the workshop website http://sehc.info/sehc2013.htm

Papers should be submitted to the workshop's EasyChair site: https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=sehc2013

Important Dates
Paper submission deadline: February 7, 2013
Paper acceptance notification: February 28, 2013
Camera-ready accepted paper deadline: March 13, 2013

Workshop: May 20 and 21, 2013

Workshop Co-Chairs
John Knight, University of Virginia
Craig Kuziemsky, University of Ottawa

Questions on the Workshop: Contact Craig Kuziemsky at Kuziemsky at telfer.uottawa.ca

Craig Kuziemsky, PhD
Associate Professor and Director, MSc in Health Systems Program
Telfer School of Management, University of Ottawa
Telephone: 613-562-5800 ext 4792
e-mail: kuziemsky at telfer.uottawa.ca<mailto:kuziemsky at telfer.uottawa.ca>