[AISWorld] AMCIS 2013 CfP: "IS Applications for Electric Mobility and the Smart Grid"

Dirk Neumann dirk.neumann at is.uni-freiburg.de
Thu Jan 10 07:17:07 EST 2013

19th Americas Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS 2013)
"Hyperconnected World: Anything Anywhere Anytime"
15–17 August 2013, Chicago, Illinois, USA
http://amcis2013.aisnet.org

Track: Green IS and Sustainability
Minitrack: IS Applications for Electric Mobility and the Smart Grid

DESCRIPTION

A growing awareness of energy efficiency and the global impacts of energy
consumption are giving rise to a fundamental shift in our perception of
energy. Our world is increasingly powered by water, sun, and wind; our homes
and buildings are made smarter to match energy consumption with fluctuating
supply; our vehicles are fuelled from power outlets instead of gas stations.
Through smart grid applications, IS sits at the center of this confluence of
power systems, human behavior, and mobility, and is thus well-positioned to
take up the essential role of facilitating communication and coordination.

Following discussions at the Green IS panel at ICIS 2012 this mini-track
seeks to go beyond building theory to providing IS-supported solutions to
one of the most pressing issues of our time. Specifically, the objective of
this mini-track is to encourage research and disseminate knowledge in the
emerging areas of smart grid and electric mobility. We are looking for
papers that address challenges and opportunities related to the smart grid
environment and the role that IS can play in creating an effective, stable
and environmentally sustainable energy supply and consumption network. We
also encourage papers that examine IS applications that bring to light
potential problems and solutions with respect to the growing share of
renewable energy generation and grid stability. Furthermore, we invite
papers that investigate the role of IS in electric mobility, for instance in
reconciling the mobility purpose of electric vehicles with their ability to
function as distributed energy storage devices.

SUGGESTED TOPICS

Possible topics that are included within the scope of this mini-track are
listed below. However, because new IS applications for the smart grid and
electric mobility continue to evolve, papers on other topics that are
situated at the crossroads of energy and information systems are welcomed.

- IS applications related to demand-side management of electrical energy
- Energy management interface design
- IS support for electrical energy trading
- Behavioral and cultural issues of smart grid technology and electric
mobility adoption
- Impact of electric vehicle roll-out on existing power grid systems and IS
solutions to potential problems
- Factors that influence electric mobility acceptance, adoption and
diffusion
- The role of IS in developing a more sustainable mobility and energy system
- The application of IS in virtual power plants and/or microgrids
- Other topics dealing with questions in the energy informatics domain

IMPORTANT DATES

Paper submission is open on BePress
Paper submission deadline - Feb 22, 2013 at 11:59 PM CST
Notification of acceptance - Apr 22, 2013
Camera-ready papers - May 9, 2013

More information is available on the conference website at
http://amcis2013.aisnet.org

MINI-TRACK CO CHAIRS

Lutz M. Kolbe
Chair for Information Management, University of Göttingen, Germany,
lkolbe at uni-goettingen.de

Jacqueline Corbett
Management Information Systems, Laval University,
jacqueline.corbett at fsa.ulaval.ca

Dirk Neumann
Information Systems Research, University of Freiburg, Germany,
dirk.neumann at is.uni-freiburg.de

--
Prof. Dr. Dirk Neumann, M.A.

Chair for Information Systems Research
Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg

Kollegiengebaeude II
Platz der Alten Synagoge, 79085 Freiburg, Germany
Tel.: +49 (0)761 203 2396 o. 2395 (Sec.)
Fax : +49 (0)761 203 2416

http://www.is.uni-freiburg.de/