[AISWorld] AMCIS 2013 CFP: Information Security Management in a Hyperconnected World - Second Call

Deniz Tunçalp deniztuncalp at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 10 17:23:02 EST 2013

Please accept my apologies if you receive multiple copies of this call.

Best,

Deniz Tuncalp

--------------------

19th Americas Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS 2013)
Hyperconnected World: Anything Anywhere Anytime
Chicago, Illinois, USA (http://amcis2013.aisnet.org)
15–17 August 2013

Call for Papers

Paper submission Starts: January 4, 2013
Paper submission Finishes: February 22, 2013 at 11:59 PM EST
Notification of acceptance: April 22, 2013
Conference: August 15-17, 2013, Chicago, Illinois

DESCRIPTION

Information Security Management (ISM) presents a challenging task for individuals, firms and organizations of any size. As hyperconnectivity phenomena grow, we are increasingly more reliant on distributed and online systems, where identifying, evaluating, controlling and managing risks imposed on information assets and respective security controls are becoming more and more problematic. Vulnerability of information assets, respective threat profiles and incident probabilities are now dynamically intertwined, making information security management an unprecedentedly complex practice.

While there is an abundance of practices and techniques for information security management, there are still many areas of improvement, especially in the underlying theory and rigorously tested methodologies. This minitrack provides a forum for scholars to discuss and reflect on areas of information security management. Topics of interest in our Information Security Management minitrack include, but are not limited to:

· Asset identification and life-cycle management,
· Certification and accreditation,
· Confidentiality, integrity and availability management,
· Culture, awareness and education,
· Economics or cultural implications,
· Enterprise-level best practices in different industries and environments,
· Ethics and management decisions,
· Identity management in the extended enterprise,
· Incident response and recovery management,
· Operations and administration issues,
· Policy modeling, creation, deployment and employee behavior,
· Regulations, governance and compliance,
· Risk analysis, assessment, measurement and modeling,
· Security models, architectures, design and management,
· Standards, guidelines criteria, their diffusion and limitations,
· Trust models and trust management policies.

We are open to papers with different research paradigms, methodologies and levels of analysis. We invite both theoretical and empirical papers that are specifically not included in the other specialized mini-tracks of SIGSEC in AMCIS 2013.

Please visit the conference website, amcis2013.aisnet.org, for paper submission guidelines and information on tracks and minitracks to submit your paper.

Mini-track chairs:

Deniz Tuncalp
Faculty of Management, Istanbul Technical University, Turkey
tuncalp at itu.edu.tr

Jae Choi
Kelce College of Business, Pittsburg State University, Pittsburg, KS, USA
jchoi at pittstate.edu

Important dates:

January 4, 2013     Paper submissions open on Bepress (new submission system for AMCIS)
February 22, 2013 Deadline for paper submissions at 11:59 p.m. CST
April 17-19, 2013  Notification of paper acceptance
May 9, 2013          For accepted papers, camera-ready copy due
Instructions for authors and more information about the conference is forthcoming on the conference website at http://amcis2013.aisnet.org/