[AISWorld] PACIS 2013 CFP - IS Implementation, Adoption and Diffusion Track

Hillol Bala hillol.bala at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 09:12:36 EST 2013

*PACIS 2013 CFP - **IS Implementation, Adoption and Diffusion Track*
 **
PACIS 2013 (Pacific Asia Conference on Information Systems) will be held in
the beautiful Jeju Island, South Korea in June 18-22, 2013. We call for
papers for the IS Implementation, Adoption and Diffusion Track.
**
*http://www.pacis2013.org/main/ *
**

*Track Co-Chairs:*
Xu Xin, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, msxuxin at polyu.edu.hk
Hillol Bala, Indiana University, hbala at indiana.edu
Xiaojun Zhang,  Hong Kong University of Science and Technology,
xiaojunzhang at ust.hk

* *

Information systems (IS) implementation is a core research stream in the IS
discipline. Successful implementation of IS is critical for individual,
business process, and organizational performance. The IS Implementation,
Adoption, and Diffusion track invites high quality theoretical and
empirical papers advancing our understanding of phenomena related to
various aspects of IS implementations in organizations and society. IS
implementation is typically considered one of the most mature streams of
research in the IS discipline because of significant theoretical and
empirical advancements in recent years. Yet, there are opportunities to
further advance this stream by conducting research that cuts across
different levels such as individuals, groups, business units, business
processes, organizations, communities, societies and countries.

The track welcomes papers grounded in a broad range of theories,
perspectives, and methodologies. We particularly encourage papers that
employ multiple levels of analysis and use multiple methodologies. In
keeping with, we welcome theoretical papers, empirical papers (both
qualitative and quantitative) as well as papers based on other methods such
as simulation, agent-based modeling and other types of modeling (e.g., game
theoretic modeling). We encourage paradigm-shifting, innovative research
conducted in socially, culturally, and economically diverse settings,
regions and across geographic and national boundaries.

Topics may include (but are not limited) to the following:

·         Novel theoretical perspectives on IS implementation, adoption and
diffusion

·         Roles of context (e.g., culture, environment, organizational
climate) in shaping implementation, adoption and diffusion of IS

·         Economics of IS implementation, adoption and diffusion

·         Organizational changes in IS implementation, adoption and
diffusion

·         Power and politics in IS implementation, adoption and diffusion

·         Studies conducted in important economic sectors, such as health
care and government

·         Implementation, adoption and diffusion of emerging technologies
such as cloud computing, social media, and mobile applications

·         Implementation of enterprise-level technologies (e.g., ERP, BI)

·         New and emerging trends in IS implementation, adoption and
diffusion research
The conference organizers have arranged several  journal special issues for
papers submitted to PACIS 2013 as follows: Information and Management,
Journal of Global Information Management, Electronic Commerce Research and
Applications, Information Systems Frontiers, and Asia Pacific Journal of
Information Systems.

Important Dates:
 Paper Submission Deadline: February 1, 2013
 Paper Decision: April 1, 2013
 Submission Deadline of Accepted Papers: May 1, 2013