[AISWorld] 2nd CfP: AppEER Workshop reminds you that it is going to be sunny in June in Valencia @ CAiSE 2013 - Deadline 27th Feb 2013

Jan Dietz j.l.g.dietz at tudelft.nl
Mon Feb 4 06:59:37 EST 2013

Dear Wolfgang,

Congratulations with your idea and concrete proposal of a CAiSE workshop on Enterprise Engineering! I respond to your invitation in order to inform you about research activities under the same label that you may not be aware of. I refer to the research of the CIAO! community (www.ciaonetwork.org) as well as to its practical applications (www.ee-institute.com) in a growing and wold-wide community. I attach the most recent 'mission statement' of this community.

I hope you will have a very successful workshop!

Kind regards,
Jan Dietz

On 4 feb. 2013, at 11:35, Wolfgang Molnar wrote:

> AppEER  (Approaches for Enterprise Engineering Research) Workshop
> In conjunction with CAiSE’13
> Valencia, June 2013
>
> http://appeer.ee-team.eu
>

> Information systems are used in enterprises to support human actors in their activities. Studying the engineering of such socio-technical systems has resulted in a wide range of disciplines, including Business Process Management, Enterprise Architecture, Enterprise Modeling, Enterprise Trans-formation, Business Engineering, etc. As the overarching term we use Enterprise Engineering (EE).
>
> The AppEER (Approaches for Enterprise Engineering Research) Workshop intends to provide a common platform for discussion and presentation of original work describing the usage of different approaches such as: design science, interpretivism, positivism, criticism, etc., for doing EE research.
>
> We encourage both, academics and practitioners to share their insights (theory position, epistemological position, research approach, data collection approach) of the following topics:
> - research approaches to be used in EE
> - frameworks, methods, analysis techniques and other instruments for doing EE research
> - patterns of collaborative research in EE
> - emergent techniques in EE research
> - evaluation and structuration of EE research
> - implementation of analysis methods and other instruments during EE research
> - evolution, maturity, measurement and quality of EE research
> - interplay between technical, social and organizational aspects of EE, and its impact on doing research
>
> Important dates
> 27 Feb. 2013		Paper submission
> 20 March 2013	Notification of acceptance
> 1 April 2013        	Camera-ready copy
> 18 June 2013    	Workshop
>
> Workshop co-chairs
> - Wolfgang Molnar, CRP Tudor, Luxembourg
> - Khaled Gaaloul, CRP Tudor, Luxembourg
> - Robert Winter, University of St. Gallen, Switzerland
> - Roel Wieringa, University of Twente, The Netherlands
>
> Advisory Board
> - Erik Proper, CRP Tudor, Luxembourg and Radboud University Nijmegen, The Netherlands
> - Michael Rosemann, Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane, Australia
> - Ulrich Frank, Duisburg-Essen University, Germany

=======
Everything that can be thought at all, can be thought clearly. Everything that can be said, can be said clearly. (Ludwig Wittgenstein, TLP 4.116)
========

Prof.Dr.ir. Jan L.G. Dietz
Emeritus professor in Information Systems Design
Professor in Enterprise Engineering
Faculty of Technology, Policy and Management
TU Delft/ Delft University of Technology
O: Building 31, room B1.010