[AISWorld] Call for Student Volunteers ECIS 2013

Remko Helms r.w.helms at uu.nl
Sun Mar 24 12:57:51 EDT 2013

*Call for Volunteers*

ECIS 2013 is pleased to offer a number of opportunities for student
volunteers, who are vital to the efficient operation and continued
success of the conference. The student volunteer program is a chance for
PhD students from around the world to participate in the conference
whilst assisting us in preparing and running the event.

Job assignments include assisting with sessions, workshops and panels,
checking badges at doors, operating the information desk, helping with
traffic flow, and general assistance to keep the conferences running
smoothly.

In return, volunteers will get free registration to the conference.
Travel and accommodation are your own responsibility and are not
covered. But our local student volunteers will do our best to help you
find affordable accommodation.

Volunteers should plan to arrive in Utrecht two days before the
conference (Monday June 3) to help with preparations. Furthermore, you
are expected to be available till the end of the conference on Saturday
June 8.

If you have any further questions about volunteering, please feel free
to contact the student volunteer chair. We look forward to receiving
your application.

*Application*

To apply, please send a single page motivation letter plus a
recommendation letter of your supervisor to ecis2013 at lists.science.uu.nl
<mailto:ecis2013 at lists.science.uu.nl>*before April 10, 2013*. In your
motivation you should clearly indicate why you want to assist during the
conference and why we should waive your fee. Around April 15 we will
inform who will be recruited as student volunteers for ECIS 2013.

*Student Volunteer Chair*

Roel Esten, Utrecht University, The Netherlands (roel.esten at gmail.com
<mailto:roel.esten at gmail.com>)

For more information on the ECIS2013 conference, please consult our
website: www.ecis2013.nl <http://www.ecis2013.nl>.