[AISWorld] Off Topic: Protect Yourself:The One Action U MUST do: 2-step verification in ALL major tools: Google, Facebook, Dropbox, Apple ID.

Yesha Sivan yesha.sivan at metaverse-labs.com
Sun Apr 7 00:05:34 EDT 2013

See full post with video:
http://www.dryesha.com/2013/04/protect-yourselfthe-one-action-u-must.html

I really urge of of us AIS people to share this info with friends. Small
step that can help a lot.

--Yesha

Israel is now being "attacked" (more liked being annoyed). One of the
core challenges is stealing user passwords.(and yes, it can cause lots of
demange -- if you are in the US see
http://www.privatewifi.com/someone-stole-my-identity-now-what/).

People ask me a lot what to do. There is lots of advice out there... but
people are often busy.
So I want you to do ONE THING (if you are like many people using gmail).

Please, plz, PLEASE -- use 2-step verification. I have been using it for 12
months and it is simple.
Adds just a bit of hassle, but works -- it will cut your cummuliative lots
by 95% if your password is stolen.

It is basically easy -- but you do need to read and understand it
(understand what to do when you do not have a phone).

Here's a short video about it:

 And, while you are at it. Do it also for facebook and your other tools:

* Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150172618258920 (works
very well).
* Apple ID: https://appleid.apple.com (cant say if it is easy, I just added
it).

* Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/help/363/en (did it, easy).
* Google:
http://support.google.com/accounts/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=180744 (a
MUST)
* Microsoft: partially implemented -- I never use it. Google it --
or shall i say Bing it.

Even more info: see
http://www.howtogeek.com/130844/secure-yourself-by-using-two-step-verification-on-these-16-web-services/

Prof. Yesha Y. Sivan
http://www.dryesha.com
http://twitter.com/yesha
Connecting 3D3C - 3D, Community, Creation and Commerce