[AISWorld] HICSS 2014 - Data, Text and Web Mining for Managerial Decision Support
dursun.delen at okstate.edu
Thu Apr 11 10:01:59 EDT 2013
As co-chairs for the Data, Text and Web Mining for Managerial Decision Support minitrack at the 47th Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS-47) which will be held at the Hilton Waikoloa, Big Island Hawaii on January 6-9, 2014, we would like to personally invite you to submit a paper or to serve as a reviewer.
We are sending you this email because we are aware that you have a research interest in knowledge discovery (data, text or Web mining), business analytics, and/or big data analytics for managerial decision support and/or have published in this area. A representative list of general topic areas covered in this minitrack (which is not meant to be complete or comprehensive) includes:
* New methods and algorithms of data/text mining and advanced analytics
* The process and new methodologies of conducting data/text mining
* Novel applications in sentiment analysis, social analytics, media analytics and data stream miming
* Ethical and privacy issues in data/text mining
* Novel applications of data mining for better decision making
* Data pre-processing related aspect of data/text mining, such as data characterization, data cleaning, data integration, data sampling, data reduction, data visualization, etc.
* Design issues, challenges and opportunities in agile analytics
* Emerging technologies and techniques, investment and governance mechanisms, coproduction methodologies
* Evolutions to scoring and data mining algorithms for advanced analytics
* In-database vs. in-memory advanced analytics capabilities
* Visualization for supporting advanced analytics
* People and culture issues in managing advanced analytics
* Critical success factors for advanced analytics
If you are interested in submitting a manuscript for review please note the following important dates (taken from the HICSS Website - http://www.hicss.hawaii.edu):
June 15 Submit full manuscripts for review. The review is double-blind; therefore this submission must be without author names.
August 15 Acceptance notices are emailed to authors by the Review System (make sure your server accepts the address: https://precisionconference.com/~hicss<https://email.okstate.edu/owa/redir.aspx?C=uYnkcuFdZ0WmFa4xAWJglArDksLPEs9IPHGrXboNxSU1JFloT50E78RvcooCyCtfgaUF9IOnjS4.&URL=https%3a%2f%2fprecisionconference.com%2f%7ehicss>). At least one author of each accepted paper must immediately make plans to attend the conference, including initiating fiscal, visa, or other travel guarantees.
September 15 Submit Final Paper for Publication. At least one author of each paper should register by this date in order secure publication in the Proceedings.
If you are willing to be a reviewer please notify us as soon as you can, and indicate the number of manuscripts (1, 2, 3, or more) that you would be willing to review.
Please refer to the HICSS Web site for further and more up-to-date information: http://www.hicss.hawaii.edu/<https://email.okstate.edu/owa/redir.aspx?C=uYnkcuFdZ0WmFa4xAWJglArDksLPEs9IPHGrXboNxSU1JFloT50E78RvcooCyCtfgaUF9IOnjS4.&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.hicss.hawaii.edu%2fhicss_42%2f42callforpapers.htm>
Also, if you have any questions please feel free to contact either of us.
Dursun Delen (dursun.delen at okstate.edu<https://email.okstate.edu/owa/redir.aspx?C=uYnkcuFdZ0WmFa4xAWJglArDksLPEs9IPHGrXboNxSU1JFloT50E78RvcooCyCtfgaUF9IOnjS4.&URL=mailto%3adursun.delen%40okstate.edu>)
Oklahoma State University
Phone: (918) 594-8283 Fax: (918) 594-8281
Asil Oztekin (asil_oztekin at uml.edu<mailto:asil_oztekin at uml.edu>)
University of Massachusetts - Lowell
Phone: (978) 934-2714 Fax: (978) 934-4034
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the AISWorld