[AISWorld] Call for Bids - ICIS 2017

Galletta, Dennis galletta at katz.pitt.edu
Thu Apr 25 16:57:25 EDT 2013

TO: The IS Community
FROM: Dennis Galletta, Chair, ICIS 2017 Site Advisory Committee
DATE: April 25, 2013

The Site Advisory Committee (SAC) of the ICIS Executive Committee for this year includes Cynthia Beath, Michael Myers, Villabh Sambamurthy, Pete Tinsley, and me. We are soliciting preliminary bids for ICIS 2017, Region 3 Asia.  Bid procedures can be found at https://ais.site-ym.com/?ICISSiteSelection.

Listed below are locations already selected for the next several years:

2012 - Region 1 - The Americas (Orlando, Florida)
2013 - Region 2 - Europe, Middle East, Africa (Milan, Italy)
2014 - Region 3 - Asia/Pacific (Auckland, New Zealand)
2015 - Region 1 - The Americas (Dallas/Ft. Worth, Texas)
2016 - Region 2 - Europe, Middle East, Africa (Dublin, Ireland)
Prospective bidders are requested to complete the AIS Notice of Intent to Bid (NIB) form https://ais.site-ym.com/?ICISIntenttoBid and submit it no later than July 1, 2013.  Completion of this form will confirm your intentions.  Once the form is received, you will be contacted by Lise Fitzpatrick, AIS Conference Director who will answer any questions you have about preparing your bid and next steps in the process.  PLEASE NOTE:  Do not contact any hotel/venue or convention & visitors bureaus
about your interest in bidding.  Lise Fitzpatrick will handle initial communication with local contacts.

As a past ICIS co-chair I can attest that hosting a major conference of AIS can be a rich and rewarding experience.  If you have any questions about bidding and potentially hosting such an event I would welcome your inquiry.

DG

Dennis F. Galletta                      Professor of Business Administration
University of Pittsburgh                 and Director, Katz Doctoral Program
282a Mervis Hall                            Katz Graduate School of Business
Phone +1 412-648-1699                                  Pittsburgh, PA  15260
E-mail: galletta @                                       Fax +1 412-648-1693
        katz.pitt.edu                       homepage: www.pitt.edu/~galletta<http://www.pitt.edu/~galletta>