[AISWorld] Assistant or Associate Professor of Information Systems - UNCG

Lakshmi Iyer lsiyer at uncg.edu
Mon Apr 29 18:35:37 EDT 2013

UNCG BRYAN SCHOOL OF BUSINESS and Economics

*Department of Information Systems & Supply Chain Management*

*Assistant or Associate Professor of Information Systems*

The Department of Information Systems and Supply Chain Management (ISSCM)
of the Bryan School of Business & Economics at the University of North
Carolina at Greensboro (UNCG) seeks to fill a tenure-track position in
Information Systems (IS) at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor to
begin August 1, 2013, or January 1, 2014, or August 1, 2014. A visitor may
be considered for 2013-2014.

Applicants must hold an earned PhD/DBA degree with a specialization in some
area of IS. Within IS we are open on the candidate’s teaching and research
interests. Preference will be given based on one or more of the following:
research success, teaching success, the ability and willingness to teach
online, contract and grant success, engagement in professional activities
in the field, and the ability to tie one’s teaching and research to key
elements of our mission: innovation, globalization, sustainability, and
ethics. Greater accomplishment in these areas will be expected of
candidates at the Associate Professor level. Further details about the
position, department, school, and the university are available at
http://bryanschool.uncg.edu/positions/.

*ISSCM* is a well-established department that offers programs at the
undergraduate, master’s, and doctoral levels. Consisting of 13 full-time
faculty members, 218 undergraduate students, and 134 graduate students, the
Department has an exceptional reputation in the IS area. Our faculty
members are active in research and have published in such journals as
*Information
Systems Research*,* MIS Quarterly*,* Journal of Management Information
Systems*,* Decision Sciences*, and other very high quality journals.
Faculty members in the department have received external funding from
agencies such as the National Science Foundation, U.S. Department of Labor,
and the North Carolina Department of Transportation.

*The Bryan School of Business & Economics *has over 3100 undergraduate and
graduate students and more than 100 full- and part- time faculty members
housed in six departments. Accredited by AACSB, the Bryan School is the
recipient of many honors and accolades. Our evening MBA was ranked
12thnationally in academic quality by Bloomberg Businessweek (2011)
and 22
nd across all dimensions among public universities. Our students perform
well in national competitions and have won numerous awards, and our faculty
members are active in scholarly research.

Classified as a high research activity university, *UNCG* is also committed
to high quality teaching to its more than 18,000 students in six colleges
and schools. Another point of pride is that UNCG has the most ethnically
and racially diverse student population in the UNC system.

* *

Applications should include a cover letter, vita, transcripts, three
letters of reference, a sample of recent scholarship, and evidence of
teaching effectiveness. *Review of applications will begin immediately and
will continue until the position is filled*. Please direct all inquiries
to: Professor Kwasi Amoako-Gyampah, Chair, ISSCM Faculty Search Committee,
Bryan School of Business and Economics, The University of North Carolina at
Greensboro, P.O. Box 26170, Greensboro, NC 27402, Phone: 336.334.5739. *Please
send application materials to: *ISSCMFS at UNCG.EDU.

The University of North Carolina at Greensboro is committed to equality of
employment opportunity and does not discriminate against applicants or
employees based on race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age,
disability, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation,
genetic information, or creed. Moreover, The University of North Carolina
at Greensboro is committed to recruiting and advancing women and minorities
at all faculty/staff levels.

--
Lakshmi S. Iyer, Ph.D.
Associate Professor and Information Systems Graduate Programs Director