[AISWorld] Can you post this CFP?

Ngu, Anne Hee Hiong angu at txstate.edu
Tue May 14 13:13:33 EDT 2013

I am a faculty from Texas State University and would like to advertise the following workshop. Could you post it for me?

Thanks,
Anne
---------------
CALL FOR PAPER (C-IOT 2013)
First International Workshop on Internet of Things
In Conjunction with
THE 9th IEEE International Conference on Collaborative Computing: Networking, Applications and Worksharing (CollaborateCom 2013)
October 20th, 2013
Austin, Texas

http://www.cs.txstate.edu/IOT2013

The Internet of Things (IoT) describes a fascinating and emerging computing concept and perspective for the next Internet where everyday physical objects are seamlessly integrated to the Internet through the exploitation of data capture and communication capabilities. IoT makes those physical objects "smart", allowing them to actively participate in Internet-based business and social processes. With IoT, the physical world becomes one big information system. Some interesting example applications in this area include smart cities, smart farms, and smart manufacturing just to name a few.

The objective of this workshop is to bring together researchers and practitioners from both academia and industry to share their experiences and results on the recent advances in theory, application and implementation of the Internet of Things. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:

   Architecture and infrastructure
   System design, modeling, and evaluation
   Cyber physical systems and pervasive computing
   Intelligent information processing and management
   Intelligent information discovery, retrieval and mining on IoT
   Security, privacy, and trust
   IoT applications, services, and tools
   Standards and social issues
   Mashup and integration
   Social computing and mass-collaboration
   Business models and processes for IoT

IMPORTANT DATES:
Papers submission due ........August 10, 2013
Decision notification ........September 15, 2013
Camera-ready copies due ………...September 25, 2013

SUBMISSIONS:
>papers must be electronically submitted via the workshop web site in pdf.
Papers due 11:59 PM US PST, August 10, 2013.
>Papers must use at least 11 pt fonts and not exceed 8 pages for regular papers and 4 pages for short papers (including figures, tables, etc.).

Submitted manuscripts should closely reflect the final papers as they will
appear in the Proceedings, and should not exceed 8 pages in two-column IEEE
proceeding format for regular papers and 4 pages for short papers.
We urge the authors to prepare their papers according to the Latex or
Microsoft Word templates, which can be found in
http://collaboratecom.org/2013/show/authors-kit/

All papers are refereed through a single blind process.
All papers must be submitted online.
https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=iot2013
All submitted papers will be rigorously reviewed. All accepted papers will be made available in IEEE Xplore and external indexing services (DBLP database, ZB1Math/CompuServe, IO-Port, EI, Scopus, INSPEC, ISI proceeding- - pending approval).
Authors of selected papers will be invited to submit extended versions
for publication in a special issue of the Web of Things for the
Information Systems Frontiers by Springer.

ORGANIZING COMMITTEE
General Co-chairs
     James Caverlee, Texas A& M University, USA
     Michael Sheng, Adelaide University, Australia
Program Co-chairs
     Anne Ngu (angu AT txstate DOT edu), Texas State University, USA
     Byron Gao (bgao AT txstate DOT edu), Texas State University, USA

Program Committee

    Andrzej Cichocki, Applied Communication Sciences, USA
    Brahim Medjahed, The University of Michigan, Dearborn, USA
    David Buttler, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, USA
    Dimitrios Georgakopoulos, CSIRO, Australia
    George Chin, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, USA
    Hans Weigand, Tilburg University, Netherland
    Helen Paik, University of New South Wales, Australia
    Mina Guirguis, Texas State University, USA
    Qi Yu, Rochester Institute of Technology, USA
    Rajit Gadh, University of California, Los Angelos, USA
    Shaw Bowers, Gonzaga University, USA
    Shuaiqiang Wang, Shandong University, China
    Sukanya Manna, California State Polytechnic University, USA
    Sujith S. Mathew, United Arab Emirates University, UAE
    Yong Ge, University of North Carlina, Charlotte, USA