[AISWorld] Integrative Business Simulations

Adya, Monica monica.adya at marquette.edu
Mon Jun 10 09:53:13 EDT 2013

Good morning colleagues,

In the process of reexamining our undergraduate business curriculum, we are considering the use of simulations to expose our first-year (freshmen) business students to integrative business decision making. Briefly, we would like to introduce them to simple business decisions related to hiring, logistics, marketing, IT, and other functions. As of now, we have explored two such simulations - BizCafe (https://www.interpretive.com/rd6/index.php?pg=bc) and Mike's Bikes (http://www.smartsims.com/simulation/mikes-bikes-intro).

I would appreciate your input on two questions:
1. If you or your colleagues are using such simulations in your undergraduate curriculum, what are you using? Are there others in addition to the ones listed above?
2. What has been your or your colleagues' experience with the simulations, including BizCafe or Mike's Bikes?

If you are not directly involved in such a course but know of someone who is, I'd appreciate your sharing this e-mail with those colleagues.

Thanks,
Monica

Monica Adya
Associate Professor