[AISWorld] Last Reminder HICSS Knowledge Systems Submission Deadline near

MurphJen at aol.com MurphJen at aol.com
Thu Jun 13 19:27:48 EDT 2013

If you are looking for a venue that accepts innovative papers and loves
discussing new ideas and helping you develop your research I would like to
suggest the Knowledge Systems Track at HICSS 2014.  We are all about
community and welcome your participation in any way you wish.  We are  soliciting
for submissions now (see the track description below and in  particular the
several exciting and different minitracks) but are also looking  for reviewers
and attendees.  I hope to see you on the Kona Coast this  coming January!
Thanks!...murray jennex and dave croasdell, track  chairs

Knowledge Systems recognizes  the evolving nature of work and society to
being knowledge based. Competitive  pressures are forcing organizations to do
more with less and to leverage all  they know to succeed. Knowledge systems
are those systems developed to  facilitate collaboration, knowledge capture,
storage, transfer and flow;  knowledge use; as well as to foster creativity
and innovation. This track  explores the many factors that influence the
development, adoption, use, and  success of knowledge systems. These factors
include culture, measurement,  governance and management, storage and
communication technologies, process  modeling and development. The track also looks
at the societal drivers for  knowledge systems including an aging work
force, the need to distribute  knowledge and encourage collaboration in widely
dispersed organizations and  societies, and competitive forces requiring
organizations of all types to adapt  and change rapidly.  The track has a call
for papers for HICSS 47 (http://www.hicss.hawaii.edu/hicss_47/apahome47.htm)
in the following minitracks:
    *   _Cultural/Indigenous  Knowledge Impacts on Knowledge Systems, an
Intersection of Beliefs_
(http://www.hicss.hawaii.edu/hicss_47/track/ks/KS-Indigenous.pdf)
    *   _Designing  and Deploying Advanced Knowledge Systems_
(http://www.hicss.hawaii.edu/hicss_47/track/ks/KS-Designing.pdf)
    *   _Information  Systems to Knowledge Systems: Issues in Knowledge and
Systems Research_
(http://www.hicss.hawaii.edu/hicss_47/track/ks/KS-Information.pdf)
    *   _KM and  Security_
(http://www.hicss.hawaii.edu/hicss_47/track/ks/KS-Security.pdf)
    *   _Knowledge  Economics_
(http://www.hicss.hawaii.edu/hicss_47/track/ks/KS-Economics.pdf)
    *   _Knowledge  Flows, Transfer, Sharing and Exchange_
(http://www.hicss.hawaii.edu/hicss_47/track/ks/KS-Flows.pdf)
    *   _Knowledge  Management for Innovation, Agility and Complexity
Management_ (http://www.hicss.hawaii.edu/hicss_47/track/ks/KS-Innovation.pdf)
    *   _Knowledge  Management Value, Success and Performance Measurements_
(http://www.hicss.hawaii.edu/hicss_47/track/ks/KS-KMValue.pdf)

Track Chairs
Murray  Jennex
Management Information Systems Department
San Diego State  University
5500 Campanile Drive
San Diego CA 92182
Tel:  760-722-3801
Fax:  760-722-2668
Email: _murphjen at aol.com _ (mailto:murphjen at aol.com) or
_mjennex at mail.sdsu.edu_ (mailto:mjennex at mail.sdsu.edu)
Dave Croasdell
Accounting  and Information Systems Department
University of Nevada, Reno
314F Ansari  MS 026
Reno NV 89557
Tel:  775-784-6902