[AISWorld] call for papers | CONFIA 2013 - International Conference on Illustration and Animation | Porto, Portugal: November 29-30 | 2nd call

CONFIA - Conference on Illustration and Annimation secretariat_confia at ipca.pt
Tue Jun 25 11:16:06 EDT 2013

Dear Sirs,

    It is our pleasure to invite you to submit a paper to CONFIA 2013, the 2nd edition of the International Conference on Illustration and Animation, wich combines drawing, illustration, animation and art theory in one unique event.

   Organized by the Department of Design at the Polytechnic Institute of Cávado and Ave, CONFIA endeavors to be a pivotal contribution to the contemporary discussion of the areas referred above, which combine long traditions with pioneering roles in technological innovation. We intend to broadly explore the multidisciplinary space that includes illustration and the animated image, from the construction of the narrative to character development, from art theory to critical reflection on the objects that populate the market and the industry. The conference seeks quality original submissions from artists, the industry, the academic community and the market.

    This year's edition will be held in Porto on November 29-30, and we are pleased to announce that we have as keynote speakers Professor Martin Salisbury, from Anglia Ruskin University (UK)  and Professor Paul Wells, from Loughborough university (UK).

   All accepted full papers will be published in the conference proceedings (with ISBN).

Submission procedure:

    Researchers and those working in the field are invited to submit their manuscript as an email attachment (Word or PDF file) to secretariat_confia at ipca.pt  by no later than July 15, 2013.
    Only original contributions will be accepted. Submitted papers will be reviewed on a double-blind review basis.

Important dates

   Deadline for paper submission: July 15, 2013
   Notification of acceptance/rejection: September 15, 2013
   Revised (final) version: October 7, 2013

Themes/Recommended topics

   Recommended topics include, but are not limited to, the following:

   1. Drawing / Illustration
       > Graphic illustration
       > Information graphics
       > Editorial illustration
       > Illustration for children
       > Character design
       > Comics and graphic novels

   2. Animation
       > 2D animation
       > 3D animation
       > Animation for video games
       > Character animation
       > Animation for virtual or augmented reality
       > Animation in interactive media
       > Motion graphics
       > Sound and animation

   3. Art theory applied to illustration and animation
       > Linear storytelling
       > Creative writing
       > Visual culture
       > Interactive storytelling
       > Narrative and non-narrative animation
       > Illustration and animation pedagogy
       > Authorship in animation or illustration

For more detailed information, please visit  http://www.confia.ipca.pt/

We look forward to meeting you in Portugal.

Best regards,

Paula Tavares
    Conference general chair
    ptavares at ipca.pt
    Polytechnic Institute of Cávado and Ave, Portugal

Secretariat:
    secretariat_confia at ipca.pt

Paula Tavares
DESIGN DEPARTMENT DIRECTOR
Course Director of the Master on Illustration and Animation

http://www.ipca.pt/