[AISWorld] ES 2013: Cape Town 7-8 November 2013

Alta vdm Alta.vdm at up.ac.za
Tue Jul 2 14:07:02 EDT 2013

Enterprise Systems Conference 2013 (7-8 November 2013)
with workshops hosted by John Zachman and Johannes Cronje
Consider to join us for the first Enterprise Systems Conference from 7-8 November 2013 in Cape Town, South Africa. The aim of the Enterprise Systems Conference (technically co-sponsored by IEEE) is to provide an opportunity to academics, practitioners and researchers to have interactive discussions on topics related to Enterprise Systems including Enterprise Architecture and Engineering, Enterprise Information Systems and Enterprise Management Systems. The research papers will appear in the proceedings of the conference published by IEEE Xplore.
In addition to two days where peer-reviewed research papers will be presented, you have the opportunity to attend workshops by John Zachman and Johannes Cronje (see below for more information).
This is the first international ES conference, and we hope to ensure that the annual event will be rotating through the IEEE regions. Next year ES will be hosted in China and in 2015 in Switzerland
For more information and registration visit our web site at www.es2013.com

Workshop 1:

John A. Zachman is the originator of the “Framework for Enterprise Architecture” (The Zachman Framework™), which has received broad acceptance around the world as an integrative framework, an ontology for descriptive representations for Enterprises. Mr. Zachman is not only known for this work on Enterprise Architecture, but is also known for his early contributions to IBM’s Information Strategy methodology (Business Systems Planning) as well as to their Executive team planning techniques (Intensive Planning).

John will be in South Africa as a guest and keynote at the Enterprise Systems Conference in Cape Town from 7-8 November 2013. We hereby want to invite you to join us for an interactive one day workshop with John Zachman at CTICC on 7 November 2013.

For more information and registration visit our web site at www.es2013.com

Contact: Alta van der Merwe (alta at up.ac.za)

Workshop 2:

The GAP between educational institutions and the IT industry has for the last few decades increased. The fast changing environment demands a fast changing educational environment. Add this to skill scarcity and the problem becomes wicked.
In order to find a solution we are hosting a workshop with Educational experts, industry leaders, and government officials.

The workshop will be in a round table discussion where participants will be able to interact in small groups with all the role players.

We are looking forward to see many of our IT people present at the workshop.

For more information and registration visit our web site at www.es2013.com

Contact: andre at i2ifica.com