[AISWorld] IS Department Chair Search at Kennesaw State University

Adriane Randolph arandol3 at kennesaw.edu
Wed Jul 10 17:08:25 EDT 2013

***It seems we already got some advanced press on the list about the position for which we are currently searching.  Thank you, all, for your swift replies in helping us lock down our system.***

Kennesaw State University is accepting applications for a twelve-month Department Chair Position in the Department of Information Systems in the Michael J. Coles College of Business starting July 2014. Candidates should qualify as a tenure-track Associate or Full Professor; possess expertise in effective teaching and research in
the area of Information Systems, a demonstrated relationship with the business community, and strong interpersonal skills; and demonstrate an ability to perform necessary administrative tasks. Responsibilities will include facilitating
all departmental activities, including AACSB and ABET accreditation, and providing leadership toward the achievement of excellence in teaching, research, and service activities of the department. An earned doctorate in Information Systems or closely related area from a regionally accredited institution or the foreign equivalent is
required. A doctorate from an AACSB accredited institution is ideal.

Kennesaw State University is a growing and progressive university in Georgia’s public system of higher education. Located on an attractive campus in suburban Atlanta, KSU currently enrolls more than 24,000 traditional and nontraditional Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctoral students. The thriving Atlanta metropolitan area has a rich array of museums, theaters, libraries, colleges and universities, and other resources.

Review of applications will start immediately and continue until the position is filled. For full consideration, submit completed applications by October 15, 2013.
For a full description of this position and application procedures, go to www.facultyjobs.kennesaw.edu.

Kennesaw State University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and educator. Georgia is an Open Records State.

***

In addition, an ad has been posted through the AIS Career Placement system.  We will be hosting information sessions at AMCIS 2013 in Chicago this August 16 & 17.  Attendance at an information session is not a prerequisite for applying.  Please email me for more information or to schedule an appointment at: arandolph at kennesaw.edu.

Warmest regards,
Adriane B. Randolph, Search Committee Chair

Adriane B. Randolph, Ph.D.
Director of the KSU BrainLab
Coles College of Business
Kennesaw State University