[AISWorld] This Saturday! July 20th: Take part in the biggest experiment for massively multi-user virtual worlds

Yesha Sivan yesha.sivan at gmail.com
Wed Jul 17 05:31:06 EDT 2013

**
         Trouble viewing this email? Click
here<http://us2.campaign-archive2.com/?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=4878051b8a&e=1410976b30>to
view it online.
        [image: Journal of Virtual Worlds
Logo]<http://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=5d799906f4&e=1410976b30>

Dear Yesha Y.,

This Saturday! July 20th:
take part in the biggest experiment for massively* multi-user virtual
worlds (*hundreds of users)

The Military Open Simulator Enterprise Strategy project (MOSES) is now
holding *a regular series of distributed experiments* with the Intel group
to *test massively multi-user virtual worlds*.

[image: MOSES Intel DSG Wire Diagram by Dr. Kitty Liu, Intel Research and
Douglas Maxwell,
USARL]<http://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=1a3e522240&e=1410976b30>
*MOSES Intel DSG Wire Diagram by Dr. Kitty Liu, Intel Research and Douglas
Maxwell, USARL*

*The 3rd experiment is scheduled for this Saturday July 20th, 2013.*  This
is a role play event set in a fictional country of Atropia and the players
can choose to be either American soldiers or citizens of the town of
Brentville.  The event takes place approximately 10 years from now after a
war in the caucuses region near the Caspian Sea.
The event is *open to the public* and we have the system set up to
accommodate *more than 150 simultaneous role players*.  The purpose of the
role play is to give the users something meaningful to do for the two hours
that we monitor the performance of the network and servers while we load
them.

[image: Live Exercise - taken at a live training event. © Douglas Maxwell
USARL]<http://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=d7d4d5d769&e=1410976b30>
[image: Live Exercise - taken at a live training event. © Douglas Maxwell
USARL]<http://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=a59b37e16e&e=1410976b30>
*Live Exercise - taken at a live training event.
© Douglas Maxwell USARL*

[image: People in a post-event discussion © Douglas Maxwell
USARL]<http://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=e444a76a83&e=1410976b30>
*Recreating similar activities in the role play scenario.*
Taken during the last DSG experiment and shows large groups of people in a
post-event discussion © Douglas Maxwell USARL.

*Scenario Details*:
http://www.militarymetaverse.org/?page_id=1073<http://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=159ef28640&e=1410976b30>

*Experiment Description*:
http://www.militarymetaverse.org/?page_id=119<http://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=df5c85c36b&e=1410976b30>

*Registration Page*:
http://www.militarymetaverse.org/dsg/<http://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=5544b2d04d&e=1410976b30>

*You will need to choose a role.*

General Information:

   - We welcome you to join JVWR Facebook page
'theJVWR<http://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=1f5c704bfb&e=1410976b30>
   '
   - Follow us*
@theJVWR<http://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=ba55a02b2a&e=1410976b30>
   * on Twitter
   - Subscribe to our mailing list (on the top left of *JVWR homepage* at
   http://jvwresearch.org/<http://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=f13c9d8c17&e=1410976b30>).
   No spam guaranteed (max. one email per week.) *Note*: Subscribing to our
   mailing list is different from being a JVWR user. To become a JVWR user
   (editor, author, reviewer) please see
REGISTER<http://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=ba1e922882&e=1410976b30>on
the right-hand
   menu of the homepage.

[image: MOSES]<http://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=ec01bf0cbf&e=1410976b30>

© 2013 Journal of Virtual Worlds Research All rights reserved.