[AISWorld] AMCIS 2013 (Aug 15-17) - Update from Program Chairs

AMCIS 2013 amcis2013 at aisnet.org
Mon Jul 29 16:51:02 EDT 2013

Greetings from the AMCIS 2013 Program Chairs!

AMCIS 2013 is rapidly approaching, and we would like to share with you some highlights from the AMCIS 2013 Program.  Find these events and others in the itinerary planner ( <http://eventmobi.com/AMCIS2013/#%21/> http://eventmobi.com/AMCIS2013/#!/).

In our last message, we shared information the new AMCIS format of roundtables for research-in-progress papers as well as some special sessions.   Today, we would like to tell you about some of the other more unique and special sessions at AMCIS 2013.

Unique and Special Sessions

   -    Going Global  - Moderator Ephraim McLean will discuss with panelists Lynne Marcus, Kate Kaiser, Claudia Loebbecke, and Dennis Galletta about how business schools and information systems faculty can become more "global.”

  -   Using Evidence-based Practices to Increase Female Enrollment in Technical Fields – Have you noticed flat or decreasing enrollment of women in your majors and classes?  If so, this is a national trend.  Jane Krauss of the National Center for Women and Information Technology along with Lakshmi Iyer, Traci Carte, and Keng Siau will discuss how you can reverse this trend in your programs.

-  Industry Panels

   -   Hyperconnected World: Anything, Anywhere, Anytime – Join executives from the Harris School of Public Policy at the University of Chicago, Cisco Systems, UnitedHealthcare, and United to discover their viewpoints about today’s hyperconnected world.

   -   Addressing the IT/IS Talent Gap in Workforce – In the classroom, we prepare our students for the IT workforce.  This panel will discuss how prepared IT talent is in industry with executives from Littlefuse, Inc., Illinois Technology Foundation, Joy Global, and the Sloan Valve Corporation.

    -    Biggest Challenges Facing Today's CIOs – What are the major issues facing today’s CIOs in the hyperconnected world in which we live?  Executives from Accenture, IBM, Motorola Solutions, and Emmanuel Consulting will share their thoughts.

Stay tuned for more information (look for another message from the AMCIS 2013 Program Chairs next Monday) about AMCIS 2013 panel sessions and general sessions. If you haven’t made your travel plans yet for Chicago, we hope you will join us for a rewarding and informative AMCIS 2013 experience!

See you in Chicago,

JP Shim, Yujong Hwang, Stacie Petter
AMCIS 2013 Program Chairs