[AISWorld] Bring balance to your life: MIS tenure track position at the University of Montana

Firth, David (Dr) David.Firth at business.umt.edu
Sun Aug 4 12:13:05 EDT 2013

 If you are looking for balance in your life as you excel in the classroom and with your research, the University of Montana offers just that.
Outside Magazine has voted Missoula the best river town in America (http://www.outsideonline.com/adventure-travel/best-towns/Best-Towns-Missoula-Montana.html).
We are located between Glacier National Park and Yellowstone National Park at the confluence of several rivers.  Both Glacier and Yellowstone are an easy drive to visit.
We have a ski resort within 30 minutes of town (http://www.montanasnowbowl.com/) as well as hundreds of miles of biking trails within minutes if not seconds of town (http://www.missoulian.com/app/hikebike/index.html).
Are you a runner?  The Missoula Marathon was voted the 2009 world's best marathon by Runner's World magazine (http://www.makeitmissoula.com/2013/07/missoula-marathon-festivities-bring-thousands-to-the-garden-city/).
If you love the river, you can kayak right in town at Brennan's Wave (http://www.makeitmissoula.com/things-to-do/attractions/brennans-wave/), or fish the world famous Rock Creek just east of town (http://www.makeitmissoula.com/things-to-do/recreation/fishing/fishing-rock-creek-montana/).
Add to this the fact that Missoula was just voted by Outside Magazine a top five place in the nation to raise outdoor children, and we've got "quality of life" covered (http://missoulian.com/news/local/outside-magazine-missoula-one-of-nation-s-top-places-to/article_4912e97c-e272-11e2-9803-001a4bcf887a.html).  Involve your kids in the Missoula Children’s Theatre, known for bringing the opportunity to participate in live theater to children in large metropolitan centers and rural communities throughout the US, Canada and Mexico http://www.mctinc.org/index.aspx.
The MIS department at the University of Montana is recognized around the world for its approach to undergraduate education and innovation in the classroom (see, for example, articles in CAIS and JISE http://aisel.aisnet.org/cais/vol23/iss1/2/, http://aisel.aisnet.org/cais/vol28/iss1/13/, http://jise.org/Volume23/23-4/pdf/Vol23-4pg395.pdf).
We have a tenure track position in MIS open (start Fall 2014) at the University of Montana, and we will be interviewing in person for those at AMCIS in Chicago, or via Skype during that same time period for those not at AMCIS.  We invite you to schedule a time to meet with our representatives at the conference.
The link to the position is below, and one applies by clicking the "Apply - new resume/CV" button.
https://university-montana-hr.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.jobinfo&jobid=747&company_id=16254&version=1&source=ONLINE&JobOwner=992274&startflag=1
To schedule a time at AMCIS to visit with representatives from our MIS department, please contact Andi Armstrong at andrea.armstrong at business.umt.edu<mailto:andrea.armstrong at business.umt.edu>