[AISWorld] Tenure track faculty positions, Fox School of Business, Temple University

Munir Mandviwalla mandviwa at temple.edu
Sun Aug 11 15:58:15 EDT 2013

The Department of Management Information Systems (MIS) in the Fox School of
Business at Temple University invites applications for two tenure-track
faculty positions beginning Fall 2014. We expect to hire at the Assistant
Professor level, but the position may be filled at a more senior level for
qualified candidates with tenure upon appointment. These positions are part
of our overall growth plan of hiring four faculty members in the next few
years. Fox MIS at Temple has a bold vision and mission (please see below),
and we invite colleagues who are interested in this ambitious view of the
MIS discipline to join us. We are seeking candidates with a strong record of
scholarship or demonstrated ability to publish in premier IS journals, such
as Management Information Systems Quarterly (MISQ) and Information Systems
Research (ISR).

Salary is competitive and commensurate with rank and qualifications. The
positions are subject to final budgetary approval. Applications should
include a cover letter and (a) full curriculum vitae, (b) a brief statement
of current and future research interests, (c) evidence of excellence in
research, such as journal publications or working papers and (d) the names
and contact information of three references. We only review **electronic**
submissions. Please do not send paper submissions, they cannot be reviewed.
We will be attending upcoming conferences (AoM, AMCIS, ICIS) to interview
selected candidates. Please send all materials electronically to: Munir
Mandviwalla (Department Chair), at mandviwa at temple.edu

The Fox School's MIS department and the associated Institute for Business
and Information Technology (IBIT) recently celebrated its 10th anniversary
in 2010-2011. The vision of Fox MIS is to be a worldwide leader in
transformative research and teaching on the design, use, and effects of
information technology in a digital world. In research, our mission to
produce knowledge that fundamentally transforms the design and use of
information technology by integrating multi-disciplinary perspectives. In
teaching, our mission is to prepare a diverse and changing population for a
life-long pursuit of learning, leadership, and success with information
technology in a connected world.

Fox MIS faculty regularly publish in top journals such as MISQ and ISR. We
are connected to industry and work on applied projects with the corporate
partners of Fox's IBIT. The MIS department offers  undergraduate, masters,
and doctoral programs in information systems including a very successful
required course in MIS for all business students. MIS at Fox is a free
standing department that embraces and demonstrates the vision of IT playing
a major role in higher education and in business. In 2013, U.S. News and
World Reports ranked the Fox BBA in MIS and Fox MBA in ITM in the Top 20 and
Top 25 programs, respectively. Fox MIS faculty were ranked #1 in the world
for research productivity in MISQ and ISR for the last three year period. In
2009, TechRepublic ranked the Fox BBA in MIS in the top 10 U.S. programs. In
2008/2009, The Chronicle of Higher Education, ranked Fox MIS faculty in the
top 10 for research productivity. The Fox MIS AIS affiliated student chapter
received the Outstanding chapter award in 2010, 2011, and 2012 and students
from the chapter have won first or second prizes in both the 2012 and 2013
AIS international student competition.

The Fox School mission statement includes a focus on three driving forces of
the economy: globalization, information technology (IT), and
innovation/entrepreneurship. The Fox School programs are among the best in
the world and are highly ranked by the Financial Times, The Economist, U.S.
News and World Reports, Forbes, Princeton Review, and Computerworld. The
Institute for Scientific Information (ISI) places Fox in the Top 1% of
institutions worldwide cited for research in the field of business and
economics. The Princeton Review has consistently rated the Temple campus as
one of the most connected in the nation. The Fox School is one of the few
institutions worldwide that have sustained a long-term commitment to invest
in and grow MIS.

Temple University is located in Philadelphia, serves 39,000 students, and is
one of the three major state-related, research universities in Pennsylvania.
Established in 1918, the Fox School of Business is the largest, most
comprehensive business school in the Greater Philadelphia region, and among
the largest in the world with over 6,500 students, 175 full-time faculty and

more than 60,000 alumni. Additional information is available at:
http://www.temple.edu, http://www.fox.temple.edu, and
http://community.mis.temple.edu/ and http://ibit.temple.edu/

Temple University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and
specifically invites and encourages applications from women and minorities.

Munir Mandviwalla

Associate Professor and Chair of MIS

Executive Director, Institute for Business and Information Technology

Fox School of Business, Temple University

 <mailto:mandviwa at temple.edu> mandviwa at temple.edu, 215.204.5617

 <http://community.mis.temple.edu/mmandviwalla>
http://community.mis.temple.edu/mmandviwalla