[AISWorld] Studies on security behaviour related to the Protection Motivation Theory

Teodor Sommestad teodor.sommestad at foi.se
Fri Sep 13 07:09:58 EDT 2013

Dear colleagues,

We are currently conducting a review of how well the Protection Motivation Theory predicts information security behaviour and computer security behaviour. We are therefore interested in studies with quantitative results on the relationships between information security intentions or computer security intentions and the variables: rewards, perceived vulnerability, perceived severity, self-efficacy, response efficacy, and response cost.

We ask for your help to make sure that we include as many of the relevant studies as possible. If you have any results from studies addressing any of the abovementioned relationships, please email them to Teodor.Sommestad at foi.se. We are especially interested in getting your help to identify studies that may be overlooked if only the most well-known citation databases are searched (e.g., unpublished articles, dissertations, or just unpublished data is of particular interest).

Thank you for your assistance.

Sincerely,
Teodor Sommestad

Teodor Sommestad, PhD, Senior Scientist