[AISWorld] CFP: ECIS 2014 - Track "Research Methods and Philosophy"

Bendik Bygstad bygben at nith.no
Fri Sep 13 11:10:46 EDT 2013

CALL FOR PAPERS

22nd European Conference on Information Systems (ECIS 2014)

Track: Research Methods and Philosophy
http://ecis2014.eu/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/19.-Research-Methods-and-Philosophy1.pdf
June 9-11, 2014, Tel Aviv, Israel (http://ecis2014.eu/)

TRACK CHAIRS

Bendik Bygstad, Norwegian School of IT <bygben at nith.no>
Deepak Khazanchi, University of Nebraska at Omaha <khazanchi at unomaha.edu>
Bjørn Erik Munkvold, University of Agder <bjorn.e.munkvold at uia.no>

DESCRIPTION

The track invites submissions that contribute new insights in the
field of IS research methods and relevant philosophies. Historically,
there is a strong and valuable tradition in IS research that combines
a focus on the particular methodological challenges of IS research
with the broader perspectives of philosophy.

In particular we welcome submissions that relate to the topic of ECIS
2014: Digital Work, Digital Life. Today digital technology is not only
changing work organizations, but also global society and civic life.
How can our current or new research methods address these issues, and
how can philosophy enrich our modes of enquiry?

TOPICS OF INTEREST

Possible topics include, but are not limited to:

• Assessment and further development of research methods applicable
for emerging IS topics, such as social media analysis and cloud
computing.
• How can we conduct research in the digitally mediated experiences in
everyday activities, also referred to as experiential computing?
• Which methods are suitable for empirical research based on such
theoretical concepts as socio-materiality and affordances?
• Methodological aspects and experiences of the “living labs” approach.
• Which philosophical perspectives and methods can be used to
understand the increasing inter-connectedness of information systems,
such as platforms and digital infrastructures?
• How can the IS field exploit the increasing availability of public data?
• New approaches and techniques within quantitative methods.

IMPORTANT DATES

Paper Submission begins: 1 November, 2013
Submission Deadline Date: 8 December, 2013
Notification of Acceptance: March 3, 2014
Final version of accepted papers due: March 30, 2014
Early Bird Registration closes: April 16, 2014

--
Bendik Bygstad
Professor of Information Systems