[AISWorld] Downside of impact factors: Scientists engaging in 'citation stacking'

mmora at securenym.net mmora at securenym.net
Mon Sep 23 12:00:12 EDT 2013

Dear colleagues,
Impact factors are only a type of metric of several ones.
Similarly as K$/year could be a life success measure, it is clear
that there are other ones and maybe better. Furthermore,
IF's measure the likelihood of any paper published in such
a journal be cited in a time window, rather than the paper in particular,
so it is an indirect measure. It is possible that some papers published in
other journals with low IFs be more cited/used that others with higher IFs
values. Well, my 5 cents contribution !
Manuel Mora