[AISWorld] Downside of impact factors: Scientists engaging in 'citation stacking'

Manuel Mora dr.manuel.mora.uaa at gmail.com
Tue Sep 24 15:06:21 EDT 2013

Dear colleagues,
This topic is really relevant and sadly without an acceptable scientific
solution, why ?
before to measure all such metrics, we should think on the mode to accept
or reject
a paper: it totally subjective based on the expertise of two peers !
Experimented EiCs
knows that sometimes papers can received two totally opposite reviews ! In
summary,
we should improve the review and acceptance procedure (more scientific !)
than current
ones which is more sociopolitical and power-biased. Too many instruments
have
developed for measuring constructs in MIS but is there some really useful
for
the overall quality of a paper? Cheers !
Manuel

Manuel Mora, EngD.
Full Professor and Researcher Level C
ACM Senior Member / SNI Level I