[AISWorld] 7th Annual International Research Workshop on Grounded Theory Methods @ ICIS 2013

Walter Fernandez w.fernandez at unsw.edu.au
Wed Sep 25 19:58:07 EDT 2013

CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

We would like to invite you to participate in the 7th annual International Workshop on Grounded Theory Methods to be held in Milan, Italy.  Wednesday, December 18h 2013, between 12:00 and 18:30. Enclosed please find the content of the program.  Everybody is welcome to register and attend!

Please register here:

https://ais.site-ym.com/store/view_product.asp?id=1864746

In the attempt to make the workshop more participatory this year we are introducing a new "Slam Session" consisting of 4 min presentations followed by 5 min of discussion. The purpose of the presentation is to have researchers bring in issues they are struggling with in using GTM for their research projects (during any stage of the project: data collection, analysis, writing, or publication).  The participation in this part of the workshop is on the first-come first-serve basis with the focus on covering a broad spectrum of questions (maximum 10 slots are available). In order to present please send an email to nlevina at stern.nyu.edu<mailto:nlevina at stern.nyu.edu> answering the following questions:

1)      Will you commit to registering and attending the workshop if your presentation is selected?

2)      Your name, affiliation, and stage of your career (e.g., PhD Student, untenured Faculty, tenured faculty).

3)      One sentence formulating the issue you are struggling with (e.g. "not sure whether I have reached theoretical saturation," "not sure if my use of quantitative data is in line with GTM principles," "not sure if I should claim GTM use in my paper even though I followed some methods from GTM") and would like help from the group.  Please focus on a question that is not easily answered through GTM textbooks (e.g., "How do I decide how much to sample?" is answered by the textbooks, for example, "when you feel you reached theoretical saturation.")

4)      One paragraph (up to 200 words) detailing NOT your research topic, but rather how you used GTM, and where you got stuck and need help.

Note, that you are most welcome to attend the workshop without presenting.  You will have opportunities to participate in the discussion throughout the program both through Q&A after each presentation as well as in the general discussion at the end of the workshop.

If you are interested in participating, send your email answering the posed question by November 1st, 2013.

Professor Walter D Fernández
School of Information Systems, Technology and Management
Australian School of Business | The University of New South Wales

Level 2, Room 2090 | Quadrangle Building | UNSW Sydney 2052
Telephone +61 (2) 9385 7796 | Fax +61 (2) 9385 4461 | Web: www.asb.unsw.edu.au<http://www.asb.unsw.edu.au/>
[Vital Design]

[Facebook]<http://www.facebook.com/asbunsw>[Twitter]<http://twitter.com/asbunsw>[Youtube]<http://www.youtube.com/asbunsw>

This email is intended only for the use of the individual named above and may contain information that is confidential and privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error please notify the sender immediately and delete this message. Views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and are not necessarily the views of the Australian School of Business at The University of New South Wales. Before opening any attachments please check them for viruses and defects. CRICOS Code: 00098G