[AISWorld] SIGGreen Pre-ICIS Workshop

Helen Hasan hasan at uow.edu.au
Mon Sep 30 04:05:14 EDT 2013

Latest IPCC news!
The 2013 IPCC report makes it clear with 95% certainty that human activity is contributing to catastrophic changes to our climate.
We as IS professionals have an obligation to use our knowledge and expertise in global efforts to mitigate and adapt to these changes.

Come join  SIGGreen of the AIS for a Pre-ICIS2013  workshop on Dec 14 in Milan and an exciting program of online activities leading up to the workshop with the theme: Green IS for Sustainable Development in Education, Research and Practical Solutions

Timetable and overview of Activities:
Abstracts or Videos due: October 11, 2013 to SIGGreenWorkshop at gmail.com<mailto:SIGGreenWorkshop at gmail.com>
Abstract and video bio to be uploaded  for viewing by all participants  http://siggreen2013.wordpress.com/
Virtual event: Mid November - date and arrangements  TBA
ICIS Workshop December 14, 2013 in Milan - Register at http://icis2013.aisnet.org/index.php/conference-registration
Papers for Sprouts Working Paper Series (optional) - See papers from previous workshops at http://sprouts.aisnet.org/view/organization/SIGGreen.html
Details of all activities  are updated on  the SIGGreen Wiki page  http://siggreen.wikispaces.com/2013ProgramPreICIS

[SIGGreen provides a focus for environmentally responsible activities where IS can really make a difference]

If you have any interest in this area please join in all or any of these activities
Please email me at hasan at uow.edu.au<mailto:hasan at uow.edu.au> if you want more information

Helen Hasan
Associate Professor in Information Systems
Director ATUL, THEORI, SInet
Faculty of Business
Locations 19:1021
University of Wollongong NSW 2522