[AISWorld] photo and video consent with ICIS Registration

Claudia Loebbecke claudia.loebbecke at uni-koeln.de
Fri Oct 4 18:57:03 EDT 2013

Dear fellow ICIS registrants,

after having finished my ICIS registration, I read
"Consent

As a condition of admission to this event, attendee hereby irrevocably
consents to and authorizes the Association for Information Systems to
photograph and record video images of me at this event and to use and
publish the same. All negatives, prints and digital files shall be solely
the property of the Association for Information Systems."

Is AIS sure that just printing ex-post my never expressed "consent" to
non-specialized actions without having asked me ex-ante to consent will hold
vis-à-vis relevant law? Who would not click it if you make it (unpleasantly)
conditional for registration
 (which I am not sure whether it would be
legal either -- but: different countries, different laws).

Sorry if I am the only one who wonders

Best regards -- Claudia

Professor Dr. <http://www.mtm.uni-koeln.de/team-loebbecke-home-engl.htm>
Claudia Loebbecke, M.B.A.
MIT Sloan School / Center for Information Systems Research (CISR), Visiting
Scholar Fall 2013
permanent:
 <http://www.mtm.uni-koeln.de/> Director, Dept. of Media and Technology
Management
University of Cologne
Pohligstr. 1, 50969 Koeln, Germany
Tel. (Secr.): +49-221-470-5364, Fax: --5300

Association for Information Systems (AIS) <http://www.aisnet.org/> : Fellow
2012 <http://start.aisnet.org/?FellowAward> ,
<http://home.aisnet.org/displaycommon.cfm?an=1&subarticlenbr=1121> President
2005-2006
Europ. Academy of Sciences <http://www.eurasc.org/> , Academic Council, Head
of Division 'Socio-Economic Sciences & Humanities'
The
<http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/525447/descrip
tion#description>  Journal of Strategic Information Systems (JSIS), Senior
Editor
Fulbright Liaison Professor <http://www.fulbright.de/> , University of
Cologne