[AISWorld] Faculty Position in Information Systems at Florida Institute of Technology

Annie Becker abecker at fit.edu
Thu Oct 24 11:41:29 EDT 2013

Dear Colleague:

The Nathan M. Bisk College of Business at Florida Institute of Technology is looking for a unique academic scholar to join our team in changing the way business education is delivered.   If you want to be a part of a dynamic, growing business school focused on quality through the convergence of theoretical and practical education, then we encourage you to investigate this exciting opportunity.

We invite applications from enthusiastic, highly-engaged faculty for a position in Information Systems with preference given to qualifications in foundational areas of information systems, including database systems, systems analysis and design, data communications, and Internet technologies. The applicant would promote our vision -- excellence in educating future entrepreneurial leaders -- in all education, service, and research endeavors.

POSITION: This position requires applicants to possess a passion for providing an exceptional classroom experience for our students. We are in search of a pragmatic-minded scholar with experience teaching and/or researching in areas of entrepreneurship and innovation as they relate to one or more of the following: Product Lifecycle Management (PLM), Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Supply Chain Management (SCM), or Materials Requirements Planning (MRP).

The position also requires a commitment to providing service on behalf of the College of Business.  Our College has a collaborative culture of teamwork.  Our faculty work together on and enjoy the success of building upon our entrepreneurship initiative, program development, strategic growth and marketing efforts.

Minimum Requirements: Candidates must have an earned doctorate or expected completion of that degree by August 2014. Candidates must be knowledgeable, credentialed, and have teaching and research skills in information systems (or equivalent field of study), with a commensurately active stream of research.

Appointment for this position is anticipated at the assistant/associate level, depending upon qualifications, with a start date of August 2014. Florida Tech is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.

THE COLLEGE: The College of Business offers a BS degree in Information Systems and a BS in Business Administration with a specialization in Information Technology Management. The College offers both an MBA and an MS in Innovation and Entrepreneurship. The College of Business serves about 400 campus students of which approximately 30% are international. In addition to campus programs, the university offers online business degrees at the undergraduate and graduate levels in the information technology field. These courses are currently taught off-load for additional compensation.

THE UNIVERSITY: Florida Tech is the only independent, scientific and technological university in the Southeast, serving a student population of about 9,000. U.S. News & World Report, 2013 edition, named Florida Tech as a Tier 1 Best National University.  Forbes lists Florida Tech among America's Top Colleges in its 2012 rankings of just 650 select schools, placing the university among the top 20 percent of America's undergraduate institutions. Florida Tech is one of 135 institutions The Princeton Review, which bases its rankings on student satisfaction, recommends in its "Best in the Southeast" section of its website feature, "2013 Best Colleges:  Region by Region."

LOCATION: In Melbourne, Florida, on 130 sub-tropical acres including a picturesque botanical garden. The campus is five minutes from the Indian River, ten minutes from the Atlantic Ocean and fifty minutes from the Kennedy Space Center.

APPLICATION: Applicants should submit curriculum vitae along with a cover letter, three letters of reference, and evidence of excellence in teaching to Dr. Chris Sonnenberg, Nathan M. Bisk College of Business, 150 W. University Blvd., Florida Institute of Technology, Melbourne, FL 32901-6975. E-mail: csonnenb at fit.edu<mailto:csonnenb at fit.edu>.

Thank you for your consideration in promoting this position.