[AISWorld] Invitation to IS/IT Center Directors' Breakfast meeting at ICIS - Monday, Dec. 16 - 7:00 - 8:30AM

Sharda, Ramesh ramesh.sharda at okstate.edu
Mon Nov 4 15:12:45 EST 2013

ATTENTION IS/IT RESEARCH CENTER DIRECTORS
***Please reply by NOVEMBER 11, 2013***

Dear IS/IT Center Director:
As you may know, an IS/IT Center Directors' breakfast has been held at ICIS for many years. Professor Ryan Nelson ably coordinated it for many years and deserves our thanks for taking care of hosting this event for several years. I am taking care of organizing it this year on behalf of our group.  We are pleased to invite you to the Annual IS/IT Center Directors' Breakfast Meeting to be held at this year's International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS): http://icis2013.aisnet.org/

WHAT: Annual IS/IT Research Directors' Meeting
PLACE: ICIS Meeting in Milan, Italy (Exact location to be announced later)
DATE: Monday, December 16, 2013
TIME: 7:00 - 8:30 AM
LOCATION: Bocconi University, Room TBD

Breakfast will be provided courtesy of our sponsors. Five sponsors ($300 each) are needed. Two sponsors have already agreed, but we still need three others. Please send me an e-mail by November 11 if you are interested in sponsoring this year's breakfast.

Please e-mail: Ramesh.sharda at okstate.edu<mailto:Ramesh.sharda at okstate.edu> your intention to attend before NOVEMBER 11, 2013. If you know of any new centers, please send their contact info to me. If you would like your center contact information to be added to our center list, please send it along even if you do not plan to attend the breakfast. If you have already sent me an RSVP earlier, no need to resend.  Thanks.

MEETING AGENDA:

The primary focus of this year's meeting will be to (1) discuss ideas and initiatives related to "Big Data and Business Analytics" and the role of IS/IT centers, (2) share best practices including research projects, programs, speakers, and funding opportunities, and (3) discuss other major challenges and opportunities facing research centers today.

Best Regards,

Ramesh Sharda
  Regents Prof. and ConocoPhillips Chair of Mgmt. Sc. & Info Systems
  Director, Institute for Research in Info. Systems
  Director, Executive PhD in Business Program
  Spears School of Business/Oklahoma State University