[AISWorld] IT Certifications for MIS Majors

Venugopal Balijepally bvenugopal at gmail.com
Tue Nov 12 20:48:40 EST 2013

Dear Colleagues:

At our school we are exploring the feasibility of requiring at least one IT
Certification Exam for MIS Majors to be taken/passed prior to graduation. In
this regard, I would like to request for sharing your suggestions and
experiences concerning the following:

1.       Are there particular IT certifications that students in your MIS
programs (undergrad/grad) are encouraged /required to appear for? If so, are
they tied to specific courses or to the whole program (i.e., do students
need to pass them as a class requirement or as a graduation requirement)?

2.       Any experiences/pointers that you could share on ways to integrate
IT certifications into courses/MIS program? Some possibilities could be
partial course credit in related courses, structuring certification oriented
special topics courses or internship courses.

3.       Any pointers to other schools or programs that may be undertaking
such efforts?

You may please respond to me directly and I will post a summary of the

Best regards,

Venu

Venu Balijepally

Assistant Professor, MIS