[AISWorld] ICSOB 2014: Last Call for Workshop Proposals

George Angelos Papadopoulos george at cs.ucy.ac.cy
Sun Dec 15 06:36:23 EST 2013

*** Last Call for Workshop Proposals ***

Fifth International Conference on Software Business (ICSOB 2014)

Azia Resort and Spa, Paphos Cyprus
June 15-18, 2014

http://www.icsob.org

Deadline for proposals: December 23rd
Notification: December 31st

We invite proposals for workshops. Workshops are intended to provide a
forum for the discussion of a specific topic from the field of software
business between an international group of researchers. Software business
creates a noticeable spillover within other industries (e.g. manufacturing,
entertainment industry) enabling new business models: companies bundle
their physical products and software services into solutions (e.g. using
subscription models or in-app purchases) and start to sell independent
software products in addition to physical products. Therefore, we invite
workshop proposals that focus on software business in new and emerging
industries. Finally, we also warmly welcome workshop proposals aligned
with the theme of ICSOB 2014: “Shortening the time-to-market”.

Each workshop should have at least four paper presentations. The workshop
organiser will be responsible for advertising the workshop, reviewing and
selecting the papers. Financial assistance for the workshop organiser will be
limited to one fee waiver for the conference. Papers accepted for workshops
are planned to be published under the CCIS proceedings,
http://link.springer.com/search?facet-series=%227899%22&facet-content-type=%22Book%22 .

 Proposals to organise workshops should include the following information:
•	Title of the workshop
•	Name, affiliation, mailing address and e-mail address of the proposer(s).
•	A brief introduction of the proposer, explaining his/her qualifications.
•	Names of at least three PC members for the workshops
•	A description of the topic of the session (not exceeding 100 words)
•	A short description on how the session will be advertised so as to ensure
          a sufficiently wide range of authors.
•	A description of how the workshop will contribute to the field of Software Business.

Please send your proposals to the Program Chairs of ICSOB 2014 and to workshop chair:

     Casper Lassenius, Aalto University, Finland, workshops at icsob.org
     Kari Smolander, Lappeenranta University of Technology, Finland, workshops at icsob.org

     Krzysztof Wnuk, Lund University, Sweden, workshops at icsob.org

Papers for workshops should be submitted directly to the workshop using our paper
submission system. The workshop organizer will be required to use the ICSOB 2014
paper submission engine and to review the papers on basis of the same criteria as
those in the main track. The list of papers accepted for a workshop should be sent
to the Program Chairs before April 15, 2014.