[AISWorld] CFP: AMCIS 2014: Information Technology Issues in Transition Economies

Paulo Rupino Cunha rupino at dei.uc.pt
Thu Jan 9 13:25:34 EST 2014

Dear colleagues,

Let me draw your attention to our minitrack on Information Technology Issues in Transition Economies at AMCIS 2014.

Please note that the AMCIS 2014 submissions website is open from January 5, 2014 until March 1, 2014.

--Paulo Rupino

--

AMCIS 2014 Call for Papers
August 7-10, Savannah, Georgia

http://amcis2014.aisnet.org/

Minitrack: Information Technology Issues in Transition Economies
Track: ICTs in Global Development (SIGGlobDev)

Transition economies are a particular case of emerging economies, including countries from the former eastern bloc and those that resulted from the breakup of the Soviet Union, which, in the last two decades, have abandoned the communist-style central planning system and committed to substantial reforms to adopt a free market approach. These fast growing transition economies play an increasingly significant role in the global market, with information technology (IT) being a key driving force in this process. However, despite their growing importance, research that specifically addresses the specificities and different challenges of IT in transition economies is still scarce, when compared with the body of knowledge for developed countries. The objective of this mini-track is to encourage more research in this topic by providing a forum for interested authors to disseminate their research, compare results, and exchange ideas.

We are seeking papers dealing with IT in the specific context of transition economies, but in their various facets, such as business, technical, social, political, cultural, economical, and legal. Possible topics of interest to this special issue include but are not limited to the following:

-   IT service systems for a service economy,
-   IT governance and management,
-   Design and deployment of IT in small and medium enterprises,
-   Success factors, barriers and risks of IT adoption,
-   Return on IT investment (financial and other),
-   IT in global supply chains,
-   Off-shoring and outsourcing of systems and services,
-   E-government and e-democracy,
-   Comparative cross-country research,
-   Country specific case studies.

Mini-track Chairs: