[AISWorld] Summary of responses for the "Request for resources on eBusiness for developing countries"

ilia ilia at ibissoft.se
Wed Jan 15 13:38:52 EST 2014

Dear colleagues,

We got the following responses/references on our "Request for resources
on eBusiness for developing countries" (see the text of the request at
the end of the message).

Thanks a lot to all who responded.

1. Directly relevant for our goal ideas/resources:

Use  "Osterwalder and Pigneur's business model canvas.  I.e., seeing
that the business model (how we will make money from this enterprise?)
involves more than selling from a web site.  This is an obvious point,
but one that the business model canvas or something like it forces a
would-be entrepreneur to pay attention to."

http://www.scoop.it/t/appropriate-technology

http://web.utk.edu/~dpotnis/CAIS

http://web.utk.edu/~dpotnis/IEEE

http://web.utk.edu/~dpotnis/JAPB

2. A background paper to explain the context:

Ferran, C. "Electronic Business in Developing Countries: The
Digitalization of Bad Practices". In: tan, F.B. (Ed). Global Information
Technologies: Concepts, Methodologies, Tools, and Applications". IGI
Global, 2008.

3. A bit on e-learning than e-business side:

http://cis275topics.blogspot.com/2010/09/about-our-electronic-text.html.

4. A bit too deep for our limited goals of a one month module

a) Use "Work system framework/ work system snapshot, e.g., from

Alter, Steven (2013) "Work System Theory: Overview of Core Concepts,
Extensions, and Challenges for the Future," /Journal of the Association
for Information Systems/: Vol. 14: Iss. 2,

The main point of using those ideas is to provide a work system summary
(in comparison with an enterprise summary) illustrating how the web site
is only part of the operational story.  Other parts include
provisioning, order fulfillment, etc.  Also, pay attention to who will
do the relevant work that the customer will not do, what information
will be used, what is the value for the customer, etc."

b) Mondragón M. "Toward a Well-structured Development Methodology for
Business Process-oriented Software Systems based on Services", Procedia
Technology, Volume 9, 2013, Pages 351-360,

On 2013-11-27 17:33, ilia wrote:
> Dear Colleagues
>
> We are developing an on-line course for the students from developing
> countries on eBusiness where a project on developing  a business model
> suitable for a developing country will be the central part.
>
> In connection to this, we would appreciate any info on resources, such
> as, curricular,  articles, books, recored leacture and presentations
> (including youtube) that would be suitable for such a course.
> Following the custom the complied list of resources will be posted
> back to the list.
>
> Thank you and best regards
>
> -- Ilia
> Dr. Ilia Bider
> Process- och systemutvecklingskonsult at IbisSoft.se
> Lektor & Forskare (Docent) at DSV.su.se
> ilia at ibissoft.se        +46 (0)8 164998
> Design science in action ... http://slidesha.re/Uq3RTC

Dr. Ilia Bider
Process- och systemutvecklingskonsult at IbisSoft.se
Lektor & Forskare/Docent i data- och systemvetenskap at DSV.su.se