[AISWorld] IUI 2014 Call for Student Support
n.tintarev at abdn.ac.uk
Mon Jan 20 11:44:25 EST 2014
IUI 2014 - Call for Student Support
Following the tradition of IUI in previous years, we will offer student participation support in the 2014 IUI conference. The support is provided by SIGART and the NSF to attend the IUI Conference. This support is in the form of a small stipend to cover registration fee and partially cover the costs of travel and living expenses while attending the conference. The students will be reimbursed for their expenses after the conference.
The objective of IUI's student support is to encourage students interested in subjects related to Intelligent User Interfaces to become active members of the IUI community. To apply, the student should be actively enrolled as a student in an academic institution. Priority will be given to students who are first authors of accepted papers and to participants in the doctoral consortium. Recipients of the stipend are also expected to help the conference organization as student volunteers. The level of support will be determined by the availability of funds and the number of eligible applications.
The application should include:
· Full name.
· Email address.
· The school you are attending, your major, and the country in which the school resides.
· If you present at the conference, please provide the title of the submission and its type (e.g., research paper, doctoral consortium, demo).
· A short statement describing your research interests and how you wish to benefit from attending IUI 2014.
· The location you are flying from and the cost for your airfare, as determined by the availability of low-cost economy fares for travel to Haifa, Israel in February 2014. Please describe any other expenses you expect to accrue, but do not include registration and housing costs, as they are similar for all students.
· A letter of recommendation from your advisor is desirable, but not necessary.
Please submit your application to the local organization chairs via e-mail (localarrangementschair2014 at iuiconf.org<mailto:localarrangementschair2014 at iuiconf.org>) by January 20th 2014. Your application will be reviewed by the IUI Student Committee. Notification will be given by January 30th, 2014.
The University of Aberdeen is a charity registered in Scotland, No SC013683.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the AISWorld