[AISWorld] Professor Rank IS Postion: Lancaster University Management School, UK

Tarafdar, Monideepa m.tarafdar at lancaster.ac.uk
Sat Feb 8 13:44:11 EST 2014

Professor Rank position in Information Systems, Department of Management Science, Lancaster University Management School

We seek to appoint one individual at the Full Professor level into the Information Systems Group within the Department of Management Science (http://www.lums.lancs.ac.uk/departments/mansci/) at Lancaster University (http://www.lancs.ac.uk) in the Management School (http://www.lums.lancs.ac.uk/).

Candidates will have interests in Information Systems that complement and overlap with members of the Information Systems group within the Department of Management Science, a track and publication record of research leadership, and an internationally excellent research profile. They will have shown an ability to attract research funding, and proven capabilities to teach at undergraduate, postgraduate and executive levels, in areas that complement or overlap with the current interests and requirements of the Information Systems group.

The Department employs about 30 established academic staff, in additional to numerous research students and staff. The department includes a wide range of research topics and methodologies-approaches.  These include positivist, interpretive and critical theoretical approaches, across topics in information systems, supply chain management, problem structuring, operations management and operations research. The Information Systems group, with eight faculty members, focuses broadly on socio-technical approaches to the design, development and use of information systems.  We are looking for an individual who will add energy and expertise to this socio-technical focus. Specific areas of research within this focus include systems design, IT and organization design, non-beneficial and complex impacts of IT use (such as stress), sourcing and governance of IT, developmental impacts of IT, technology management and innovation, project management, and design theory (for software, games, service).  Within these areas, the group's research covers a range of topics and industry sectors such as healthcare, manufacturing and services. Faculty profiles can be found at (http://www.lums.lancs.ac.uk/mansci/profiles/browse/department/mansci/ ).  An agreed and traditional emphasis of the department is on intellectually rigorous and engaged scholarship with practice.

>From this foundation, the information systems group in the department is one of the lead institutions in the EPSRC (engineering council) HighWire Doctoral Training Centres for the Digital Economy for PhD students (with Computing and Design), and is involved in various masters and undergraduate programmes related to IT management and organisational change, e-business and innovation, business analytics and consulting, and the MBA.  The IS group is also strongly associated with the research in other departments at Lancaster University, including Organisation Work & Technology, Entrepreneurship, Marketing, Computer Science and Design.  The department more broadly is involved in other research-based programmes including a Doctoral Training Centre in operations research, and an EPSRC-funded LANCS Initiative for PhD training in Operations Research.

In addition to the Management Science department, the management faculty and the university includes many other internationally recognized researchers and groups for collaborative work.  For further details, please visit the URLs provided above, which further describe the Department's activities and relationships.

Information about living in Lancaster and the UK is available at http://hr-jobs.lancs.ac.uk/display.aspx?Id=1192&pid=0.  As a quick summary, bring your "mac" (rain coat) and "wellies" (boots).  The famous Lake District is only 30 minutes away. (http://www.lakedistrict.gov.uk/).

Applications should be submitted at: http://hr-jobs.lancs.ac.uk/Vacancy.aspx?ref=A897
Closing Date for Applications: March 24, 2014
Short-listing: As quickly as possible after March 24, 2014
Anticipated Interview Dates: April-May 2014

Informal enquiries may be directed to Professor Monideepa Tarafdar (m.tarafdar at lancaster.ac.uk<mailto:m.tarafdar at lancaster.ac.uk>), to Professor Mike Chiasson (m.chiasson at lancaster.ac.uk<mailto:m.chiasson at lancaster.ac.uk>), or to Professor Richard Eglese, Head of The Department of Management Science ( r.eglese at lancaster.ac.uk<mailto:r.eglese at lancaster.ac.uk>).